Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Gustavo wants to go to another team in European competitions. Decent player like - Utd should go for him, let Felli be !!

I think if Fellaini does go Martinez will go back for Victor Moses reported fee of 8 million and with Alderweireld supposdedl costing 5-6 million once Heitinga is gone we should have enough to purchase all three. would certainly see that as a improvement to the first 11.

I think if Fellaini does go Martinez will go back for Victor Moses reported fee of 8 million and with Alderweireld supposdedl costing 5-6 million once Heitinga is gone we should have enough to purchase all three. would certainly see that as a improvement to the first 11.

Victor Moses would be a fantastic signing.. he really would!

James McCarthy would be half the price of fellaini, he could do his job as well for us, that would leave us enough money in the pot for another player, hopefully another creative midfielder, I know James is from wigan but that doesn't mean he wont be a good buy.

Who would score our goals?

McCarthy might be able to match the defensive/passing side of Fellaini's role but what about the 5-10 goals a season from him?

Fellaini has 25 league goals in 138 games compared to 7 in 115 for McCarthy.

I know Fellaini's 2 most prolific seasons were when he was pushed further forward but I can see us struggling hugely for goals next year if we lose him

McCarthy might be able to match the defensive/passing side of Fellaini's role but what about the 5-10 goals a season from him?

I know Fellaini's 2 most prolific seasons were when he was pushed further forward but I can see us struggling hugely for goals next year if we lose him

...I suspect we will even struggle for goals if he stays.

This is my thinking and the biggest reason why I don't want McCarthy to be his replacement. He doesn't offer much going forward and would sit alongside Gibson, comfortably in midfield. We need more attacking options in midfield rather than depending on just Osman and Barkley for goals.

This is my thinking and the biggest reason why I don't want McCarthy to be his replacement. He doesn't offer much going forward and would sit alongside Gibson, comfortably in midfield. We need more attacking options in midfield rather than depending on just Osman and Barkley for goals.

But i dont think we would rely on those 2. There would 3 in front of them...plus coleman and baines going forward more.

Surely the role of the 2 'deeper' mf is to provide a solid foundation and ball retention for other players ?? Goals would be a bonus imo

But i dont think we would rely on those 2. There would 3 in front of them...plus coleman and baines going forward more.

Surely the role of the 2 'deeper' mf is to provide a solid foundation and ball retention for other players ?? Goals would be a bonus imo

I'm just thinking on past seasons. Take Felli's goals out and we're very short. Osman and Pienaar don't score enough. Mirallas to his credit does, but i'm expecting us to be without him for a few games at least with injury. Jela.. no idea, I genuinely don't know how this season will go for him. Kone, i'm not convinced.

I don't think our strikers are prolific enough to rely solely on their goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back