The Summer Transfer Window Deadline Day - Friday 31st August 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really pleased with the business we did. Loads of attacking options, LB is now covered and a youngster in. Only disappointment was we didn't get 4 million for Vic. Congrats Moyes.

Oh, and we didn't get Owen or Adam - and the RS have no striker. Fantastic window.

Still could get Owen but i doubt it.

Happy enough that we we're active the squad looks very balanced and we have a lot of more depth then i can remember in a long time, that said i havvnt seen enough of Belg Kev, Oviedeo and the lad for Bruge to decide whether its been worth it or not. Lets not forget the lad Kennedy, from Killie - i put some feelers out about the lad and he seems really rated in Scotland, has made a mockery of the age goruping throughouthis career thus far.

If you had given me at the start of the window, keeping Baines and Mofro and getting Pienaar i would have taken it.

So a lot unknown but we've been here before with Davey who can spot a player, looking forwad to seeing Belg Kev, Kennedy, Oviedo and Ofoe, brilliant to have Pienaar back. Stevie Naismith the assist machine deserves a mention and has kind of gone under the radar.

So overall im excited and thus far pleased with what we have done.

Been a good window, funniest rumour was the Heskey to Shrewsbury one that broke a few hours before the window closed. Nothing announced but was a good giggle. Delighted that we kept everyone and have improved the squad. You would have to say us, Newcastle and Man Utd have had the best windows and the rest of the sides who will be around us have either had poor or very poor ones. Made up.

So Are We Happy Today

:D:D

Not a bad transfer window, hopefully we can sign Donavan in Jan and then fight for uefa place.

Have we caught up with our rivals squads or still lacking behind, glad the rs didnt get Dempsey.

Six in, three out, up £3m this summer, could be top of the league and 8 points clear of the fun by tea time, on my way to Malta where it's 32c today.

I'm not not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back