The Summer Transfer Window Deadline Day - Friday 31st August 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I'd be happy with Peinaar, Naismith and Mirallas. So I'm over the effing moon! Not only have we rangled some more first teamers on permanent but we also appear to have bolstered our second team cover. Promising signs for us.

Last two transfer windows have been pretty solid!

Well I think it's fair to say that goes down as a successful window for us. We've cut some high earners and squad deadwood and improved in all the positions we needed to improve. I was happy with Pienaar, Naismith (who i think is going to be Boss) and Mirallas (Ditto) but after Oviedo, Kennedy and the other Belgian we have a squad depth as strong as any team with the possible exception of the top 3.
This is going to be a Very Good season me thinks.

Liverpool have bid 37m for West Ham's Andy Carroll.
^^^Didn't get the credit it deserved and I take no joy from the fact that it looks like someone threw a brick through The Sh!te's window.

I remember a lot of people, myself included, saying if we got pienaar in and didnt lose anyone significant this would be a good window. At this present moment i am so bloody happy haha!

We've had a fantastic window and the RS have just utterly failed in the last 24 hours.

Just going to enjoy this, because there's a chance it'll never happen again.

Been a good window, funniest rumour was the Heskey to Shrewsbury one that broke a few hours before the window closed. Nothing announced but was a good giggle. Delighted that we kept everyone and have improved the squad. You would have to say us, Newcastle and Man Utd have had the best windows and the rest of the sides who will be around us have either had poor or very poor ones. Made up.

Lots of Newcastle fans are furious to be honest. They saw this as their big chance to make the Champions League with one or two decent signings, and they didn't really make any of note, leaving themselves short up numbers up front and at full back. I can sympathise as we didn't push on from our 5th place finishes either.

Couldn't care less about the amount of money we've spent compared to the amount of money earned from sales. The most important thing is that for the first time in a good while we've properly strengthened and improved the squad, without losing any key players. We've brought in a solid loan signing in Ofoe and two new players in Naismith and Mirallas who are already making an impact.

This is the best start to the season we've had in a long, long time.

Lots of Newcastle fans are furious to be honest. They saw this as their big chance to make the Champions League with one or two decent signings, and they didn't really make any of note, leaving themselves short up numbers up front and at full back. I can sympathise as we didn't push on from our 5th place finishes either.

They should accept reality though, i think they're lucky to have not sold any big names. Pardew has said all along that if big offers come in for their players they would take them seriously.

They should accept reality though, i think they're lucky to have not sold any big names. Pardew has said all along that if big offers come in for their players they would take them seriously.

While I agree with this, it is frustrating when you can see the door to the champions league and all the riches that come with it is ajar, and the club doesn't really make any attempt to strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back