Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The under 20 competition that is about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the 94 minutes I watched...

Lundstram 5 - Square pegs and round holes. Lundstram was played on the right wing, not exactly the position for a left footed central midfield player. The only reason that I can think of for playing him here, was that he showed a lot of energy in a hot climate. Other than that, I'd say he was one of the poorer players on the pitch. If Peter Taylor thinks that Connor Coady and James Ward-Prowse are the better central midfield players, then fair enough. But trying to put all the 'best' players into one line up will always mean that someone is given the short straw, in this case, it was Lundstram. Not much came off for him.

Barkley 7 - One of our better players. Came out of his shell in the second half as there became more space in midfield. Can carry the ball very well, and had a nice shot saved early in the first half. Played a major part in the second goal with neat foot work and strong running. Very much a number 10, but not ready for the number 8 role. As Swisso said earlier, he lacks effort. Most of the other england players in my opinion showed a lot more willing in the defensive side of their game. This is perhaps why Moyes always seemed reluctant to start him. He has good strength to bring the ball pasted the opposition, however the Premier league is a whole different ball game to the u20 world cup, with more physically developed players.

Long 6 - Appeared here and there when he came off the bench. Has a bit of pace and quick footwork about him. Had a good shot saved too. Still looks like a bit of a feather weight, but being the youngest there, he has time on his side. Would have been more suited to the right wing role than Lundstram.

And a quick note about Ex loanee Eric Dier, played very well at centre half. Already a much better ball playing centre back than Jags & Distin (though I think he plays defensive midfield for the Sporting Lisbon first team?).

Heitinga out, Dier in!

Last edited:
Bizarre decision to go from one up front to 4-4-2 when we were 2-0 up and controlling the game. Why suddenly put Barkley, our best player and playmaker on the wing and have him chase back down the flanks? English managers...

From the FIFA site:

"In Group E, Chile have the chance to seal their place in the next round with victory over England after weathering a storm against Egypt for a 2-1 win. They will be without the influential Cristian Cuevas, but they have enough match-winners to pose England a real threat. The Three Lions meanwhile will still be licking their wounds after Iraq's late equaliser and their reaction to the dropped points could well define their tournament."
Get hungry England ffs !

Edit:
--and different full-backs and less hoofing please x

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back