Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent signing but not spending 20m. rather give lookman a run till end of season and put the money towards a LB and midfielder that Sam wants

All those goals?! You've definitely imagined that yes, he's got 1 since the start of last season, against Yeovil. According to the official PL stats he has 1 assist in the same time frame, which was last season.

In all comps, Walcott has four goals and five assists this term. So that'd put him what, fifth in terms of our scorers this season?

Last season he scored 19 goals and got two assists.

Edit: Quoted the wrong post

Klaassen, Rooney, Schneiderlin, Sandro have experience CL and trophy winning experience and I've done more things in a blue shirt this season than 3 of em

Doesn't mean anything

Only Rooney has all 3 of the things i've mentioned which is what I was getting at. Proven himself at a bigger club in the PL, won trophies and regularly played in the CL. That is the type of player we need to be signing to improve.

Klaassen and Sandro were unproven in this league and Schneiderlin has 1 FA Cup to his name as a sub for Man United.

Reactions: FTY

You are quite right in that I had not correctly read your post in the first place ... for which I offer an apology. However I'd love to know what you've done in a blue shirt that is better than the contribution of those others. Nice to know what our fellow keyboard warriors are up to.
Wore a blue shirt for my mates 21st and got a managed to get a Lambert & Butler super king into both ears and keep them there for 10 minutes at afters

@Kenshin @Lanolin

I'd say that it's a bit difficult to truly compare Lennon and Walcott just on their goal return, mind.

I think Walcott is the better player, and would improve us as he can also play anywhere across the front line.

That being said, I think Lennon is more of a team player, and has formed some good partnerships with both Kenny and Coleman now. You know what you're going to get with Lennon whereas Walcott is hugely a confidence player and if he's in-and-out of the side will struggle to find any form.

I think with Lennon he can not play for 2-3 games, but then come in and give a 7/10 display and help the side. Not sure the same can be said for Theo.

But I'd definitely take him if the price is right.

Only Rooney has all 3 of the things i've mentioned which is what I was getting at. Proven himself at a bigger club in the PL, won trophies and regularly played in the CL. That is the type of player we need to be signing to improve.

Klaassen and Sandro were unproven in this league and Schneiderlin has 1 FA Cup to his name as a sub for Man United.
Yeah I hear ya mate. Does like they're tryna go that way with signings tho

Obvs there's only a handful of players with all 3

@Kenshin @Lanolin

I'd say that it's a bit difficult to truly compare Lennon and Walcott just on their goal return, mind.

I think Walcott is the better player, and would improve us as he can also play anywhere across the front line.

That being said, I think Lennon is more of a team player, and has formed some good partnerships with both Kenny and Coleman now. You know what you're going to get with Lennon whereas Walcott is hugely a confidence player and if he's in-and-out of the side will struggle to find any form.

I think with Lennon he can not play for 2-3 games, but then come in and give a 7/10 display and help the side. Not sure the same can be said for Theo.

But I'd definitely take him if the price is right.
Yeah my intention wasn't to criticise Lennon, simply to highlight the lack of attacking threat he offers. He's a cracking player to have in your squad, but he's one of the reasons we don't score many goals, which is one of our biggest weaknesses. I think Walcott would give us much more of a threat on that side. He's not my ideal signing by any means, but I just find the idea that he wouldn't improve us to be quite laughable really.

A 20million pound, almost 29 year old Walcott is the best option Steve Walsh has managed to find? In the entire world, this is the winger we aim to buy

Wouldn't worry about the few lads, nearly half of it will be bouncing straight back to us

Innit Alisher?

Would he get in our side? Yes
Would he add pace? Yes
Would i want us to sign him? No

I just feel he is similar to Lennon! End product is not very good. Take his pace away and he’s a very average player with ball at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back