• Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he get in our side? Yes
Would he add pace? Yes
Would i want us to sign him? No

I just feel he is similar to Lennon! End product is not very good. Take his pace away and he’s a very average player with ball at his feet.

He's scored about the same number of goals (39) since 2014-15 as Lennon has scored in his entire career.

He scored 19 goals in 37 appearances last season, from the wing, and while not playing every game..

How productive do you want him to be, exactly?

If he has lost his pace as some people on here have claimed then I'm not sure. Certainly not for £30m. Despite imo not being good enough to be a star player for a CL team, he is an improvement on what we currently have I believe, given the youth and inexperience of Vlasic and Lookman.

If he has lost his pace as some people on here have claimed then I'm not sure. Certainly not for £30m. Despite imo not being good enough to be a star player for a CL team, he is an improvement on what we currently have I believe, given the youth and inexperience of Vlasic and Lookman.
If he managed a 1 in 2 strike rate from the wing last season while having lost his pace, them I'm even happier to be signing him, as we'll get contribution from him for longer.

He's scored about the same number of goals (39) since 2014-15 as Lennon has scored in his entire career.

He scored 19 goals in 37 appearances last season, from the wing, and while not playing every game..

How productive do you want him to be, exactly?
I get that mate, but he won’t be playing for Arsenal who create a large amount of chances each game and do nothing but play football on the ground and attack at every opportunity.

The polar opposite of a team he would be walking into.

I get that mate, but he won’t be playing for Arsenal who create a large amount of chances each game and do nothing but play football on the ground and attack at every opportunity.

The polar opposite of a team he would be walking into.
Yeah but you can't sit there and say "end product is not very good" when his end product demonstrably IS good, or certainly has the capability to be...

Actually think he'd potentially be REALLY effective for us, as we will spend a lot more time playing on the counter compared to Arsenal, who generally have to play through a team sitting deep with 8-10 men behind the ball - which isn't exactly an ideal situation for a pacy winger.

Don't see a problem with paying £20mill
I do when its been proven we don't actually have a warchest of money and I dont see clubs lining up to take our unwanted players which will fund new additions to the squad and accommodate their massive wages. Hes on 110k a week

For once we are looking to buy players from teams above us in the league (albeit one who isn’t playing regularly) rather than teams below us. At 20m, his wages and age, I’d go for it, 30m and I wouldn’t bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back