This nurse Letby case

She,ll deffo be the fittest bird on seg.
Congratulations - having been tempted in the past, it’s only now that I have given a post my first ‘middle finger’ reaction. Don’t think I’ve reported any more than a handful in nine or so years either, but here we are… 🤷🏻‍♂️🖕🏻

How will it be enforced?
it will give them a platform to be disruptive, shout unpleasant things at the families of the deceased and undermine the process etc. Obviously someone who thought this has had few dealings with people such as this. Imagine them scum who shot Rhys Jones sitting on their hands, gobs shut taking their medicine? No I don't either.

I'd rather the proceedings were recorded and the recording played on a 24 hour loop continuously in their cell for their entire sentence

I just find it mad that there has to be actual legislation changed and that it is a lengthy process just to ensure convicted murderers stand in the dock for their sentencing. Does this happen in the US, Canada or Australia?

Why on earth can't she just be hauled into court? The UK is such a ridiculously soft touch as a country, utterly bizarre.

Is this 10 stone woman going to overpower and injure court officials or police officers who attempt to take her into the court? Ridiculous - one final insult to the families.

I just find it mad that there has to be actual legislation changed and that it is a lengthy process just to ensure convicted murderers stand in the dock for their sentencing. Does this happen in the US, Canada or Australia?

Why on earth can't she just be hauled into court? The UK is such a ridiculously soft touch as a country, utterly bizarre.

Is this 10 stone woman going to overpower and injure court officials or police officers who attempt to take her into the court? Ridiculous - one final insult to the families.
She could be, but in law there is currently an exemption that allows a trial to continue if a) they've waived their right to attend, and b) they have representation.

Even if the law is changed to ensure they're forced, it brings in the possibility of them disturbing the sentencing through words or actions.

What if they kick off? What if they start spouting comments, in an attempt to bring about a contempt charge? In that case, the judge will just have them gone.

As I said previously, the only consequence would be an additional time on their sentence, but if you're facing life (either 10+ plus to whole life term)...

... what's a few days or weeks added onto your sentence going to do? It's easy for us to say, 'They must be forced to,' but the reality isn't that simple.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back