This nurse Letby case

Alison Kelly has just been suspended apparently

The whole official side of this, needs a full investigation by the police as a proper criminal enquiry - corporate manslaughter, possibly even manslaughter

Children have died and been disabled for life, countless lives have been ruined forever, all due to the utter negligence of certain senior individuals, who despite being presented with evidence time and time again ignored the fact, that Letby was killing kids.

I still can`t get my head around that the NHS, has no official department, that investigates serious allegations against it`s staff.

Last edited:
The whole official side of this, needs a full investigation by the police as a proper criminal enquiry - corporate manslaughter, possibly even manslaughter

Children have died and been disabled for life, countless lives have been ruined forever, all due to the utter negligence of certain senior individuals, who despite being presented with evidence time and time again ignored the fact, that Letby was killing kids.

I still can`t get my head around that the NHS, has no official department, that investigates serious allegations against it`s staff.

The CEO, PR guy, and the rest of the senior management had but one thought, protect their backs. They all seek to move to another hospital at some point, for the usual pay rise, with their pensions intact. The last thing they want is bad publicity or a Police investigation while they are in situ, much better to keep a lid on it then move on before the crap hits the fan…..

She could be, but in law there is currently an exemption that allows a trial to continue if a) they've waived their right to attend, and b) they have representation.

Even if the law is changed to ensure they're forced, it brings in the possibility of them disturbing the sentencing through words or actions.

What if they kick off? What if they start spouting comments, in an attempt to bring about a contempt charge? In that case, the judge will just have them gone.

As I said previously, the only consequence would be an additional time on their sentence, but if you're facing life (either 10+ plus to whole life term)...

... what's a few days or weeks added onto your sentence going to do? It's easy for us to say, 'They must be forced to,' but the reality isn't that simple.
Just read this article which mentions some of the issues you’ve raised here

The CEO, PR guy, and the rest of the senior management had but one thought, protect their backs. They all seek to move to another hospital at some point, for the usual pay rise, with their pensions intact. The last thing they want is bad publicity or a Police investigation while they are in situ, much better to keep a lid on it then move on before the crap hits the fan…..

It’s totally insane, for the NHS to not have a dedicated investigation department, in every region, to investigate serious allegations within the NHS.

It would be so easy to set up too - retired detectives to start with, who would then oversee training civillIan staff up to the required standard.

Instead, you have little empires all over the place, who “ police “ themselves according to their own self interests.

It’s scandalous.

It’s totally insane, for the NHS to not have a dedicated investigation department, in every region, to investigate serious allegations within the NHS.

It would be so easy to set up too - retired detectives to start with, who would then oversee training civillIan staff up to the required standard.

Instead, you have little empires all over the place, who “ police “ themselves according to their own self interests.

It’s scandalous.
An on it's knees NHS requires former/retired coppers. Marvelous.
"the Metropolitan Police Service is institutionally racist, misogynistic and homophobic." The Casey review. The NHS has enough problems already.

It’s scandalous.

What is scaring me is how many must be dying per nurse that this didn't immediately flag a full and thorough investigation. Hope the whole level of management get wiped out for this, they all assisted her murders and attempted murders by gross negligence.

An on it's knees NHS requires former/retired coppers. Marvelous.
"the Metropolitan Police Service is institutionally racist, misogynistic and homophobic." The Casey review. The NHS has enough problems already.

With respect that’s utter bollox.

If the Doctors who had initially raised their concerns, had been able to go to a dedicated and professional investigation dept, within the organisation, childrens lived could’ve been saved and lives not ruined.

Instead they had to go to senior managers and execs with no investigatory experience, who sat as kings and queens, ruling over their own self serving kingdoms and we end up with a serial killer, who was given a free reign to keep on killing.

FYI, I have over twenty years of experience of working with families of children and young people, who’ve died as a result of neglect, been abused, both physically and sexually and worked hand in hand within the police and other agencies, so I really do know what I’m talking about.

Your hatred of the police has unfortunately blinded you to reason and rationale.

With respect that’s utter bollox.

If the Doctors who had initially raised their concerns
, had been able to go to a dedicated and professional investigation dept, within the organisation, childrens lived could’ve been saved and lives not ruined.

Instead they had to go to senior managers and execs with no investigatory experience, who sat as kings and queens, ruling over their own self serving kingdoms and we end up with a serial killer, who was given a free reign to keep on killing.

FYI, I have over twenty years of experience of working with families of children and young people, who’ve died as a result of neglect, been abused, both physically and sexually and worked hand in hand within the police and other agencies, so I really do know what I’m talking about.

Your hatred of the police has unfortunately blinded you to reason and rationale.
read as far as the bold bit. you see, not one of them was under lock and key prevented from reporting an issue to the regular police at the time. Had they felt that strongly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back