This nurse Letby case

revenge is not justice, a man so well travelled and so learned knows this already, but why not be edgy and dismissive.

You are quite right revenge is no justice. I’ll ignore the other stuff. but when a crime, a murder takes place, it is not only the victim/victims who suffer. The families have to live with this for the rest of their lives, it doesn’t go away and hits them in ways you may not be able to comprehend. To dismiss their pain is not justice it’s abrogation of responsibility.…..

You are quite right revenge is no justice. I’ll ignore the other stuff. but when a crime, a murder takes place, it is not only the victim/victims who suffer. The families have to live with this for the rest of their lives, it doesn’t go away and hits them in ways you may not be able to comprehend. To dismiss their pain is not justice it’s abrogation of responsibility.…..
who said anything about dismissing their pain?

I'd imagine the closer you are to a case the less objective you can be about it. Subjectivity and emotion clouds judgement.

That’s not actually true. True objectivity comes with knowledge of the circumstances, it’s true that emotion can cloud the issue in the early stages but emotion gives way to rationality and a much greater understanding of what actually happened. Family victims get dismissed as emotive, usually by people who have no real understanding…usually the Police involved are the ones who truly know……

That’s not actually true. True objectivity comes with knowledge of the circumstances, it’s true that emotion can cloud the issue in the early stages but emotion gives way to rationality and a much greater understanding of what actually happened. Family victims get dismissed as emotive, usually by people who have no real understanding…usually the Police involved are the ones who truly know……

Nah, can't agree with this. There is no way you could be close to this case and be objective about handing out justice.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back