This nurse Letby case

Sounds like your all over the place, from your opening post tbh ..?
I'm not sure how you work that out like.

My view was to keep an open mind as the prosecution evidence was getting knocked out of the ball park...which is reflected by the fact there's such a mixed bag of verdicts.

Maybe read posts first before you comment? <-------- Genuine advice btw. Not looking for an argument.

I'm not sure how you work that out like.

My view was to keep an open mind as the prosecution evidence was getting knocked out of the ball park...which is reflected by the fact there's such a mixed bag of verdicts.

Maybe read posts first before you comment? <-------- Genuine advice btw. Not looking for an argument.
Your opening post states it all - no arguments- looking at the outcome she was found guilty one baby's death under her care was too many....not the ones the jury could not decide ,...

Time for NHS reform. Baroness Casey review etc. Lie detector tests and psychological tests for NHS staff. Personal mobile phones to be checked as well.

All laughs aside, this case must really result in reform of how the NHS is set up. Sorry for repeating myself but the senior management of NHS trusts have too much power and there is nowhere near enough scrutiny of their actions.

Letby may have killed those babies but that she was able to do so is down to management decision making that is a study in perverseness.

The fact they went from baby a to q said it all

Whole sentencing criteria needs reviewing

You knock down and kill two people you get a few years

You kill numerous babies and you get....wait till Monday

Whole of life should mean just that....not getting out in fifteen years say

Crazy times

Crazy times
hindley never got out, letby wont either. be under no doubt.

One of the most chilling things I read today was in the Sky article:

A nurse who worked at the hospital told Sky News that when "alarms would go off during the night" there would be a "phrase that people would use".

Lynsey Artell said that colleagues would ask, "I wonder if Lucy's working tonight?".

That's just haunting to think there was a jokey phrase going round whenever crap hit the fan which turned out to be such a ghastly truth.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good people do nothing.

Crazy times
She will get a whole life tariff - there is no doubt of that at all.

Crazy times
She will almost undoubtedly get a full life term.

All laughs aside, this case must really result in reform of how the NHS is set up. Sorry for repeating myself but the senior management of NHS trusts have too much power and there is nowhere near enough scrutiny of their actions.

Letby may have killed those babies but that she was able to do so is down to management decision making that is a study in perverseness.
Frightening that Consultants had been dismissed with their complaints. You would genuinely never wish to believe a colleague would be capable of this. To go the Chief exec and MD, you'd be really desperate. No clinician would place hospital reputation over even a single patients safety..
This case has really unsettled me.

Frightening that Consultants had been dismissed with their complaints. You would genuinely never wish to believe a colleague would be capable of this. To go the Chief exec and MD, you'd be really desperate. No clinician would place hospital reputation over even a single patients safety..
This case has really unsettled me.
I think humans are a mixed bag so not shocked. What does give me some disquiet is that all of the evidence seems circumstantial. A man has recently been released following conviction for deaths in a hospital, he was essentially convicted on deaths above the average number and that was a data flaw. I have no idea if she did it but have not heard or read anything that say's she definitely did. What I have read say's probably but is that enough?

Yes, but there's majority and unanimous...which especially sheds light if the number was down to 11.

I'm just watching the news and they had a friend of Letby who wanted to be interviewed face to face to insist she was innocent as far as she's concerned.

Incredible backing under the circumstances.

I dont know what it is but something doesn't stack up here.
Grow up, you bad Wum

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back