This nurse Letby case

Can anyone tell me what the verdict was in terms of numbers?

Only 11 jury members in the end as one was excused for ill health. Was it a majority? I suspect it was given that it'd be plastrered all over the place if it was a unanimous verdict.
The judge, when he allowed a majority verdict if needed, said he would only accept 10-1.

Did the jury get the dignity of being told they'd never be requested for service again? I very much hope that is the case. And 10-1 seems like stringent judging just to clarify.
I think they did. He discharged them from their duty and said they would never have to do it again. It must have been horrific to serve on that trial.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good people do nothing.

She will get a whole life tariff - there is no doubt of that at all.

Your first comment sums it up. It should have been stopped much earlier. I hope those managers who didn’t react to the concerns of the doctors are dealt with appropriately and not just elevated or moved to other quango or government roles, but I won’t hold my breath…..

Your first comment sums it up. It should have been stopped much earlier. I hope those managers who didn’t react to the concerns of the doctors are dealt with appropriately and not just elevated or moved to other quango or government roles, but I won’t hold my breath…..
In a more just world, some of those executives would be facing gross negligent manslaughter, but legally it only meets three out of the four criteria.

The biggest issue out of all this has been the perfromance of the Trust in question, not juyst there own internal inquiries but the sytemic failure of treatment and manpower on the neonatal unit.

The chronic lack of oversight is the issue now.

The biggest issue out of all this has been the perfromance of the Trust in question, not juyst there own internal inquiries but the sytemic failure of treatment and manpower on the neonatal unit.

The chronic lack of oversight is the issue now.

the oversight appears nonexistent, and even worse was no adequate response to concerns from Doctors and Consultants…..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back