This nurse Letby case

No, I'm merely underlining that there's road left in this case. It was circumstantial evidence that convicted her.

If the judge allows the legal challenge to go ahead then it's going to a retrial I would guess.
circumstantial evidence is allowed and the jury liked it. Getting the result you didnt want isnt grounds for an appeal, there has to be a legal basis. Just because she has applied for leave to appeal doesn't mean Judgey will grant it, there has to be a legal grounding for it, such as improper behaviour from the prosecution, new evidence that wasn't available (not not available, not not used) at the first trial, judge with a biased summing up, a poor legal direction mid trial from judge etc.

circumstantial evidence is allowed and the jury liked it. Getting the result you didnt want isnt grounds for an appeal, there has to be a legal basis. Just because she has applied for leave to appeal doesn't mean Judgey will grant it, there has to be a legal grounding for it, such as improper behaviour from the prosecution, new evidence that wasn't available (not not available, not not used) at the first trial, judge with a biased summing up, a poor legal direction mid trial from judge etc.

I think Dave has the hots for her.

I'd imagine her defence team wouldn't have gone ahead with an appeal if they didn't think they had that.

Someone needs to speak up for Lucy Letby and Russia tbf

We've got Dave almost willing a baby killer to be released and we've got Kev in the Ukraine thread casually talking about children as collateral damage and how Putin is right to do whatever he wants. Now I'm all for opinions but in these instances you'd think it's pretty open and shut cases that we can find some consensus on. What a time to be alive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back