• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

It is all about constantly improving. Digne was a huge upgrade on what we had and now we have Moreno who is an upgrade on Digne. I assume we would prefer a cheaper LB to Digne as our backup. What exactly did Benitez know?
That for what he cost us he's decidedly average.

I’d have a guess to say your wage bill would be through the roof. Kamara earning a reported £175k pw is mental, free transfer or not.

Our wage bill is high but not disastrously high at the moment. I doubt Kamara is on that as Digne with 50 caps is on £125k. He's likely to be moved on as he's on the bench but Coutinho will be the highest earner by far (the good that has done us) and no-one in his stratosphere. Hopefully Gerrard will recommend his signing to his new owners.

Here they go again signing the France winger for reportedly up to 40-50m they slip under the radar for how much they spend

Our wage bill is high but not disastrously high at the moment. I doubt Kamara is on that as Digne with 50 caps is on £125k. He's likely to be moved on as he's on the bench but Coutinho will be the highest earner by far (the good that has done us) and no-one in his stratosphere. Hopefully Gerrard will recommend his signing to his new owners.

Kamara is on £175k as @LocalNative wrote.

I was a big fan of his and wanted us to sign him before his contract ran out when Villa picked him up on a free due to the huge wage offer.

It will be impossible to sell him on those wages.

Kamara is on £175k as @LocalNative wrote.

I was a big fan of his and wanted us to sign him before his contract ran out when Villa picked him up on a free due to the huge wage offer.

It will be impossible to sell him on those wages.

Two points - 175K isn't nearly as restrictive nowadays (if that is what he is on) thanks to the mega money players get offered. Second, why would we consider selling him? There are plenty of players we will sell or move on to ensure FFP compliance - Sanson, Traore, Davis, Chambers, Hause, Dendoncker, Coutinho. Two or three of them could do a job for you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back