• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

Two points - 175K isn't nearly as restrictive nowadays (if that is what he is on) thanks to the mega money players get offered. Second, why would we consider selling him? There are plenty of players we will sell or move on to ensure FFP compliance - Sanson, Traore, Davis, Chambers, Hause, Dendoncker, Coutinho. Two or three of them could do a job for you.

£175k a week isnt restrictive?

I wouldnt want any of those players on the pitch for Everton. Bench players at best.

£175k a week isnt restrictive?

I wouldnt want any of those players on the pitch for Everton. Bench players at best.
Not nowadays, no. A few season's ago players being paid 100k a week was beyond what most football fans would see as acceptable or advisable. Now, a rank ordinary Prem player will be easily clearing 60k per week. Those at the higher echelons will barely have players below that figure and the regulars will all be hitting north of 80-100k. IS 175k a lot? Of course it is. is it prohibitive in today's football? not really.

IS 175k a lot? Of course it is. is it prohibitive in today's football? not really.

Quoting wages based on how much they are per week makes them sound so much worse. £175K a week works out to about US$11.7 million per year, which is still quite a bit less than the going rate for an important, star player in an American sport.

I find it odd that a fan of another club would join another clubs board… there isn’t enough hours in the day. I mean do you join every clubs or just Everton?
I've joined many. Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Burton, Stirling Albion, Bristol City, Sheff Utd, Brighton I think. Usually around the time Villa have played them (save Stirling) and usually to talk about an upcoming game. Most people are happy for the chat and I stay around I post very infrequently, but not about the forum's team too much as I have no insight.

I'm glad you read a post about Villa. Show's your interested.

I've joined many. Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Burton, Stirling Albion, Bristol City, Sheff Utd, Brighton I think. Usually around the time Villa have played them (save Stirling) and usually to talk about an upcoming game. Most people are happy for the chat and I stay around I post very infrequently, but not about the forum's team too much as I have no insight.

I'm glad you read a post about Villa. Show's your interested.
Started the thread mate… interested enough to recognise you’re on the up. But like to get out the house sometimes so can’t be looking at other teams forums

Its summer. We're not doing much. So looking at other teams forum's to see what they think about us. Helps to keep you more rounded.

Not nowadays, no. A few season's ago players being paid 100k a week was beyond what most football fans would see as acceptable or advisable. Now, a rank ordinary Prem player will be easily clearing 60k per week. Those at the higher echelons will barely have players below that figure and the regulars will all be hitting north of 80-100k. IS 175k a lot? Of course it is. is it prohibitive in today's football? not really.

Would you consider him to be one of your top 3 players?

Would you consider him to be one of your top 3 players?
When he was fit last season, easily. Was injured twice so missed a fair chunk of our run in and other players stepped up: Luiz, Ramsey (who was poor for most of the season), McGinn etc. so that he wasn't missed but him and Luiz together were excellent for the large part.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back