• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

Think these have a good chance of finishing 6th. Let’s not forget they were in a very similar position to us last season, both had good players yet crap managers at the helm. Villa got rid nice and early and went and got a top manager. We took the p and look at the two outlooks for both sets of fans now. We were lucky to survive
Better Players and more balanced team.
We are playing games with a striker and not rectifying that.
they were even able to bin off Ings.
Imagine those luxuries.
Emery would have struggled with us

Even when we got relegated a few seasons ago we mentioned 1982 in passing, singing "this could be Rotterdam, or anywhere, liverpool or Rome, but now we're playing Rotherham, Rotherham at home"...

Always banging on about how big a club they are, but when they are doing poorly or relegated they disappear. A complete lack of class when it comes to ex players too. Booing them for the sin of leaving for greener pastures.
In the past that has sometimes happened the crowds dropping, but 40k+ averages are here to stay at Villa park now regardless of how we are doing in the prem . Ticket prices through the roof too. I think you’ve got some neck saying Villa fans are bitter. Some old players are given a great reception when returning back to Villa Park . As for fickle, football fans are generally fickle . Villa are a big club but like yourselves we haven’t been a big team for a long time.

There's always the joke about how long can you be in the presence of a Villa fan before 1982 is mentioned.
True , I do it to people for a wind up more than anything but it is annoying when some fans keep harping on about it. It was a long time ago and Forest won it back to back so they eclipse us . More impressive to win the league back then imo

In the past that has sometimes happened the crowds dropping, but 40k+ averages are here to stay at Villa park now regardless of how we are doing in the prem . Ticket prices through the roof too. I think you’ve got some neck saying Villa fans are bitter. Some old players are given a great reception when returning back to Villa Park . As for fickle, football fans are generally fickle . Villa are a big club but like yourselves we haven’t been a big team for a long time.
So you lot did't boo Gareth Barry and wave fake money at him when he signed for city? Same for Milner and Delph. Although the latter was probably understandable. Like I said, bitter and fickle.

So you lot did't boo Gareth Barry and wave fake money at him when he signed for city? Same for Milner and Delph. Although the latter was probably understandable. Like I said, bitter and fickle.
Yes we’ve targeted players in past like Everton fans have I didn’t say we hadn’t targeted players. Like I said you’ve got some neck calling us bitter. You seem very bitter about Villa for some reason?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back