• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

6??, 5 I would say, Villa, Blues, Wolves, Baggies and Walsall, Coventry maybe within the 15 mile of Brum and Blues but not Wolves and Walsall?
I was thinking more along the lines of 15 mile radius around brum , but yes you’re right wolves to Cov is further . The point is there’s enough clubs in the area and enough folk that go to call it a footballing area .

Last edited:
It is a lot down to Liverpool and their success and that is difficult to stomach but that does not stop us benefitting in terms of significance by the association.

I certainly don’t agree with the reference to West Ham or Leeds. We had two consecutive relegation battles alongside Leeds and there was no doubt Everton were the ‘A’ side to the story in the media and with rival supporters at the same time acknowledging Leeds are very unpopular. West Ham have had a good few years under Moyes now and they have some supporters in the London media but despite their success there is far more media about Everton than West Ham.
Yes there was a lot of media attention about you going down and proper football people will know how big a deal Everton going down is. Bigger club than Villa , Leeds, Newcastle I agree . Just feel Everton as a whole are not media darlings like Newcastle Leeds and West Ham who get hyped up far too much.

Yes there was a lot of media attention about you going down and proper football people will know how big a deal Everton going down is. Bigger club than Villa , Leeds, Newcastle I agree . Just feel Everton as a whole are not media darlings like Newcastle Leeds and West Ham who get hyped up far too much.
Agreed we are not media darlings. The coverage on us is very negative which is partly self caused through our terrible ownership but compounded by Liverpool being the media darlings. Newcastle are big news now since the Saudi takeover but Everton generate more clicks and interest than Leeds or West Ham and the media know this

Case in point the final game of last season. All 3 relegation battling teams played at home and Sky opted to put all their big hitters (main commentary/pundits) at Goodison. They don’t make these decisions randomly it is based on analytics

Just seen on twitter the fans are talking about protesting against their board in the league Cup match. Apparently their not happy with Services in the concourses. Top class manager, signing top class players and playing in Europe. But the pies are terrible.

Nah I can’t see anything official on the forums. I know a few are not happy with the prices for the game and there’s some ridiculous ticket prices for the holte end now .

Just seen on twitter the fans are talking about protesting against their board in the league Cup match. Apparently their not happy with Services in the concourses. Top class manager, signing top class players and playing in Europe. But the pies are terrible.
Get the pies right and everything falls into place.

Priorities.

Everton bigger than Villa? Not a chance...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back