• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

One of the most bitter and fickle fan bases in the country.
Always banging on about how big a club they are, but when they are doing poorly or relegated they disappear. A complete lack of class when it comes to ex players too. Booing them for the sin of leaving for greener pastures.
So you lot did't boo Gareth Barry and wave fake money at him when he signed for city? Same for Milner and Delph. Although the latter was probably understandable. Like I said, bitter and fickle.

Might as well be describing us. There's people still bitter about Barkley and even Stones and Lukaku lol

What a fantastic lack of self awareness harnessed by hatred for Villa. Truly, I applaud you, friend.

Our boy Stony is a Citeh fan mate.

Must say Villa are the one club who most remind me of us in terms of history/profile.

Shame how the game has turned us both into has beens making up the numbers.
That explains it then . Ive honestly got no dislike towards City even though plenty of Villa fans dislike them nowadays , but always remember them rooting for us in the 92/93 season when we were challenging United for the title. I did prefer them back then , but fair play to them, their fans are very loyal and know hard times .

As for Everton/Villa yes there are similarities, and it’s a shame both clubs probably won’t ever be serious title contenders again. Both of us roughly on the same trophy drought since the mid 90s.

@stony when the chips are down post war average attendances in the lower leagues

Villa
32k Third division
26k Third division

City
28k Third division

You averaged over 40k 6 times up until 2008 when the money came flooding in. We also averaged over 40k 6 times up until then. Not much difference looking at those figures is there. You’re also 8th on the all time average attendance list and we are 9th. Pretty similar support I’d say obviously you’re light years ahead of us now on the pitch .

Our boy Stony is a Citeh fan mate.

Must say Villa are the one club who most remind me of us in terms of history/profile.

Shame how the game has turned us both into has beens making up the numbers.
Perhaps it is just my biased view but I don’t think people care as much about Villa as they do Everton. They don’t stir the emotions. There is greater interest because Liverpool is a football hotbed and although the derby is not competitive it is still viewed as a significant fixture in the footballing calendar. Villa is all a bit meh!

Perhaps it is just my biased view but I don’t think people care as much about Villa as they do Everton. They don’t stir the emotions. There is greater interest because Liverpool is a football hotbed and although the derby is not competitive it is still viewed as a significant fixture in the footballing calendar. Villa is all a bit meh!
I see what you’re trying to say. I mean in the world of football the Merseyside derby is much bigger than the second city derby which is better known for violence rather than anything else , but without trying to put Everton down a lot of that is down to Liverpool. Birmingham City have never been a big name. Everton like Villa are not fashionable clubs , the media don’t seem to jump on us like they do with Newcastle and West Ham , even Leeds . Liverpool as a city shall we say is more popular that Birmingham, it’s got more of an identity like Manchester has. Most of the West Midlands clubs are founder members , and there’s 6 clubs within a 15 mile radius , so it’s definitely a football area.

I see what you’re trying to say. I mean in the world of football the Merseyside derby is much bigger than the second city derby which is better known for violence rather than anything else , but without trying to put Everton down a lot of that is down to Liverpool. Birmingham City have never been a big name. Everton like Villa are not fashionable clubs , the media don’t seem to jump on us like they do with Newcastle and West Ham , even Leeds . Liverpool as a city shall we say is more popular that Birmingham, it’s got more of an identity like Manchester has. Most of the West Midlands clubs are founder members , and there’s 6 clubs within a 15 mile radius , so it’s definitely a football area.
It is a lot down to Liverpool and their success and that is difficult to stomach but that does not stop us benefitting in terms of significance by the association.

I certainly don’t agree with the reference to West Ham or Leeds. We had two consecutive relegation battles alongside Leeds and there was no doubt Everton were the ‘A’ side to the story in the media and with rival supporters at the same time acknowledging Leeds are very unpopular. West Ham have had a good few years under Moyes now and they have some supporters in the London media but despite their success there is far more media about Everton than West Ham.

6??, 5 I would say, Villa, Blues, Wolves, Baggies and Walsall, Coventry maybe within the 15 mile of Brum and Blues but not Wolves and Walsall?

You been able to fix the BO problem?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back