• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

When this thread started two years ago, you could see a direction of travel.
That’s what we have never had.
Each window has been pieced together separate to previous and the next. We have looked unbalanced for the last decade. Behind the scenes villa spend the money on the best youth set up in the region, they have bought through the Cameron archer, Ramsey, carny chukwaneka (Chelsea).
It all stemmed from a back drop of failure and resetting.
The Randy Lerner years mirrors the moroshi tenure. Early optimism followed by belt tightening and tear on year decline.
The youth set up was run by former player and old heads who have been sacked for bullying and replaced by young up and coming coaches from around the lower league clubs in the region. Everyone behind the scenes was motivated and committed by the opportunity.
We are in this position. Reset of the old guard is needed and fresh blood throughout the team, (with odd older head around).
We have the fundamentals in place that money can’t by. A club with history and supporters. We also have a world class stadium ready to move into. We should be an exciting proposition

can't have been a Villa fan long then. Similar size clubs definitely, neither is bigger than the other.
Been a fan for long enough

Anyway last night was garbage. Still early days but can’t see us replicating last season on the league. Think we’ll struggle to finish higher than 8th. The cups I’d be really going for it. Winning a cup and finishing 9th-10th that would do me.

I think they are. Not by much mind , and I’d put us in same category but as a Villa fan I think Everton are a bigger club than Villa .
Thanks. I always hated Villa and particularly Ashley Young for having scored a last minute winner at Goodison about ten thousand years ago.
Now he's a Toffee I think Villa are fab.
Fickleness, thy name is gonetomorrow.

Thanks. I always hated Villa and particularly Ashley Young for having scored a last minute winner at Goodison about ten thousand years ago.
Now he's a Toffee I think Villa are fab.
Fickleness, thy name is gonetomorrow.
My first proper memories of Everton is when we beat you 6.2 at Villa park back in the 89/90 season . He’s a good pro is young. Got a lot of stick when he left us for United , but got a good reception first game back at Villa in an Everton shirt .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back