Tim Cahill

Status
Not open for further replies.
An unofficial Everton facebook page claims that Cahill "discussed Prem League return with various clubs but ultimately it had to be Everton or nothing".

I love the sentiment, but his new club is a mess right now and he has a new coach. Not the time to go on loan. Plus, he still doesn't look great. Love him, but not the time.

Legend!

TIM Cahill turned down offers to return to the English Premier League because he could not bear playing against Everton, he said in Sydney yesterday.

Socceroo Cahill, 33, said a recent trip to England rekindled his love for his former club, known as the Toffees.

"I spent 15 or 16 years in England," he said. "Everton was special, it was a big part of my life. It's like my second home and I have some of the best memories from there.

"I flew back and watched Arsenal against Tottenham and caught up with Mikel Arteta, one of my closest friends while I was there. I remember scoring goals at some of these stadiums and it's a real nice feeling."

Cahill, now an attacking midfielder for the New York Red Bulls, said he even had a chat to his former manager David Moyes during his visit.

"I even went back to the training ground and sat with David and some of my old teammates and it's crazy - you still get the butterflies," he said.

"We spoke about a return, we had a few chats actually and I spoke to other managers while I was there, too. It's nice to know there's still interest in Europe for me.

"It just didn't happen because it didn't feel right for me to play for another club. It's time to move on."

Cahill was in Sydney to promote the video game FIFA 13.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...yalty-to-everton/story-fndkzvnd-1226555358537

I suppose the fact that he is crap these days, still very expensive, and has a three game ban to serve didn't come in to it?

Don't be a tit. Sunderland wanted him.

Don't call me a tit for saying it how it is.

If Sunderland wanted him, which is far from being confirmed, then they are very, very stupid. Who on earth would want to pay circa 50k a week for a player who is well past it, very expensive, and unable to play in 3 games of an 8 week loan?

If Sunderland wanted him, which is far from being confirmed, then they are very, very stupid. Who on earth would want to pay circa 50k a week for a player who is well past it, very expensive, and unable to play in 3 games of an 8 week loan?

They signed Louis Saha.

O'Neill signed Saha, he's clearly got form for absurd signings.

No. You expressed your opinion as definite fact. It's easily possible that Sunderland or some other club could have come to an arrangement whereby Cahill wasn't paid for the first week or so whilst he sits out his ban if it's still applicable.

You're also making wild assumptions about his wage demands and his current ability levels.

And to cap it off you're having a pop at someone that served the club well and is now off telling the press how much the club means to him and that it goes above and beyond a standard player/club relationship.

So you are a tit. A big ****ing tit.

They signed Louis Saha.

And McFadden, so yes, there is evidence of clear stupidity.

But I'd argue that paying 50k a week for a similar has-been, who can't even play in 3 games during an 8 week loan, is stupidity of an entirely different level. Even Sunderland aren't stupid enough to do that, IMO.

And McFadden, so yes, there is evidence of clear stupidity.

But I'd argue that paying 50k a week for a similar has-been, who can't even play in 3 games during an 8 week loan, is stupidity of an entirely different level. Even Sunderland aren't stupid enough to do that, IMO.

I'm fairly sure they wouldn't actually pay him £50k a week when he couldn't even play.

TBF I'd do the same thing and say loads of clubs were after me
If he signed a 6 week contract with sunderland now he would be eligible to play in 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.