Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard with yet another clean sheet to his name, he should reach around 12 before the season is over.

Not great but when you've a been out for 7-8 games and your playing behind an ever changing defence that's had the likes of Alcaraz and Distin in it it will be a decent return.
Doug please explain on TH return after injury when Distan played?

The comment was he may have made a great save, but a goal kick was given on Burnley's golden chance to equalise soon after we scored - Doug will class it as a Gordon banks save if he touched it with his little finger!
Joking apart he may have just diverted it over the bar looked a close shave of the equalising attempt a win is a win anyway just we never get a comfortable win nowadays!
My brother recons TH was no where near that attempt so no saves to make - TH did ok though in front of a very good defence!

Westy was injured quite a bit - Andy Rankin had to cover for him, he had thigh trouble, ended his career early, twice the Keeper Tim will ever be, keepers got no protection in his day on crosses, Tims useless in the modern day with crosses - I would love to see him handle the antics of Jackie Charlton on crosses which went unpunished in Westys days!
Howard's not a patch on Martyn either.

i think that may have been his easiest game in an everton shirt. kudos if he saved jones' shot. i thought in real time he did, but my stream was too crappy to see either way. burnely were dire. for a team who should be scrapping for their lives they could have at least done something.

He kept his 4th home clean sheet in a row and yet people still want to criticise him.

You people need to stop it with hating him for being American or is it his Islamic beard you hate?? Anyway, I suggest you post on the daily mail forum.

i think that may have been his easiest game in an everton shirt. kudos if he saved jones' shot. i thought in real time he did, but my stream was too crappy to see either way. burnely were dire. for a team who should be scrapping for their lives they could have at least done something.
I sure think he didn't save it. Not a thing to do, except point and yell and not shave.

Though it should be noted that even in decent games he caught crap for the disorganization of the defense, so maybe he should get some credit when they keep form as well?

He kept his 4th home clean sheet in a row and yet people still want to criticise him.

You people need to stop it with hating him for being American or is it his Islamic beard you hate?? Anyway, I suggest you post on the daily mail forum.
I don't hate him I just think we need a new Goalkeeper next season, I do not make any racist remarks against him, I do not read the Daily Mail either ok!
I have stated his form has got a bit better since his return, but all season long he has been poor, Robles came in and did well it upset me when he was dumped out of the team for TH OK!

I don't hate him I just think we need a new Goalkeeper next season, I do not make any racist remarks against him, I do not read the Daily Mail either ok!
I have stated his form has got a bit better since his return, but all season long he has been poor, Robles came in and did well it upset me when he was dumped out of the team for TH OK!

All that was missing from that post was " I have black friends "

I sure think he didn't save it. Not a thing to do, except point and yell and not shave.

Though it should be noted that even in decent games he caught crap for the disorganization of the defense, so maybe he should get some credit when they keep form as well?

when the defence has quite a bit to do yeah. but even they had feck all to do as well. burnley were one of the poorest attacking outfits to come to goodison in many a year i thought. we were so dominant, i actually think it was one of our best all round displays of the season, just had nobody with their shooting boots on. a total team effort where nobody could really be singled out as MOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back