Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I raised Hibbo as part of my post 1772 if you go back and read. It was USABlue and Ijjy who picked out Hibbo.
yeah I picked him out as I feel he is kept around soley for off the pitch reasons, while rightly or wrongly Howard, osman, barry and pienaar (the other older players you mentioned) are expected to contribute on the pitch

We can say Hibbert isn't good for ages, but take a step back. He's a professional footballer, been in the top flight for years. Compared to you or I, he's utterly incredible.

A League 2 player compared to us is amazing at football.
yup and can pass that experience on to the younger players. Must be a hell of a professional and teammate to stay in the PL for so long if he's always been garbage.

yeah I picked him out as I feel he is kept around soley for off the pitch reasons, while rightly or wrongly Howard, osman, barry and pienaar (the other older players you mentioned) are expected to contribute on the pitch

Read my post again, I was making the pint about coming to the end of playing life primarily it related to Howard.

Last edited:
We can say Hibbert isn't good for ages, but take a step back. He's a professional footballer, been in the top flight for years. Compared to you or I, he's utterly incredible.

This is absolutely true, but when people call a player "crap" they're obviously talking about him at the level he's currently playing at, not the grand scheme of things. Tony Hibbert is a crap Premier League player. Obviously we'd be even worse, but that doesn't mean anything. No one says the likes of Akinfenwa or Jon Parkin are crap, because they've been playing in Leagues 1 and 2 for most of their careers. If they played for a Premier League club, then they'd become crap

Yep. Also, the notion that because Hibbert hasn't been a great player, so won't make a decent coach, is pure nonsense.

Some of the greatest managers/coaches were crap players. Fergie was a journeyman striker in Scotland. Mourinho didn't even play pro footy, did he? And Wenger was basically a semi-pro for most of his career if I remember correctly.

Did Tim save Burnleys only chance today just after we took the lead? Did he just get his fingers to it?
Ok game still,on his line a wee bit for my liking, but kept a clean sheet,nothing much to - we still panic as a defensive unit on corners though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back