Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot to do today but did nothing wrong. Are you really going to try and point score after all that Howard's put us through this season?
The comment was he may have made a great save, but a goal kick was given on Burnley's golden chance to equalise soon after we scored - Doug will class it as a Gordon banks save if he touched it with his little finger!
Joking apart he may have just diverted it over the bar looked a close shave of the equalising attempt a win is a win anyway just we never get a comfortable win nowadays!

Not a lot to do today but did nothing wrong. Are you really going to try and point score after all that Howard's put us through this season?

No not at all, but it is rather daft that people are being negative now about Hibbert, on a thread about Howard now that the squad seems to have turned it around and are finally getting the points that they should of been getting earlier in the season.

So I take it TH never got his hand to that first half Burnley chance, it was their best chance to equalise, our defence played very well again today, as Burnley never gave up with ten men - I hope they survive relegation, then again their keeper looks great!;)

Did his job, good to see no howlers, despite not being tested. A new goalkeeper to be signed in the summer though please.
I agree with this. Depth at the position is crucial since Howard is aging and not the long term solution. I missed the match today- thrilled the team did ok and got the result.

Did nothing wrong today.
Can't lie, I panicked when he dashed out of his area in the second half but he'd judged it right and got to the ball in good time.
He still makes me nervous though.

Did nothing wrong today.
Can't lie, I panicked when he dashed out of his area in the second half but he'd judged it right and got to the ball in good time.
He still makes me nervous though.

I panic when I see him walk towards his goal at the beginning of the game.

Howard with yet another clean sheet to his name, he should reach around 12 before the season is over.

Not great but when you've a been out for 7-8 games and your playing behind an ever changing defence that's had the likes of Alcaraz and Distin in it it will be a decent return.
He's 3rd in the list of most clean sheets for Everton. Behind Southall and West. He's achieved more than Sagar in a lot less games too. Can't touch Southalls record but will probably break West's.

There was literally nothing for him to possibly screw up. All goalkeepers must dream of matches like that today when they're given virtually a spectator. Jags and Stones were rock solid.

He's 3rd in the list of most clean sheets for Everton. Behind Southall and West. He's achieved more than Sagar in a lot less games too. Can't touch Southalls record but will probably break West's.
Westy was injured quite a bit - Andy Rankin had to cover for him, he had thigh trouble, ended his career early, twice the Keeper Tim will ever be, keepers got no protection in his day on crosses, Tims useless in the modern day with crosses - I would love to see him handle the antics of Jackie Charlton on crosses which went unpunished in Westys days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back