Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
And recently he is being quoted a lot in the press. The latest rent-a -quote being that EFC were never in any relegation danger.

Did he actually watch the game at QPR when we got lucky big time?

A defeat there and it could have been oh so different.

Please God give Robles a decent run or if not buy a new goalie for us. Anybody but Taleban Tim.

The only people who are defending him nowadays are die-hard USMNT fans who cling to memories of the World Cup. Not all Americans stick up for him, that's worth noting. I've spoken to a lot of yanks who are smart enough to see past all the romantic American hero rubbish and can see how badly he's slipped.

But, almost to a man, if you read a poster on this forum sticking up for Howard you find they're from the US. They watch him every week on television where the commentators don't mention how bad he is and you don't see how poorly he commands the penalty area when we're under pressure, stuff you only see if you're actually at the game itself. He's got to go in the summer and we need to find a new long-term no.1. Some people would like to see Joel given a proper chance, some would rather just buy someone completely new. I'm not sure which way I feel about that to be honest. What I am sure of though is that Tim Howard is absolutely not good enough to be our goalkeeper anymore.

The only people who are defending him nowadays are die-hard USMNT fans who cling to memories of the World Cup. Not all Americans stick up for him, that's worth noting. I've spoken to a lot of yanks who are smart enough to see past all the romantic American hero rubbish and can see how badly he's slipped.

But, almost to a man, if you read a poster on this forum sticking up for Howard you find they're from the US. They watch him every week on television where the commentators don't mention how bad he is and you don't see poorly he commands the penalty area when we're under pressure, stuff you only see if you're actually at the game itself. He's got to go in the summer and we need to find a new long-term no.1. Some people would like to see Joel given a proper chance, some would rather just buy someone completely new. I'm not sure which way I feel about that to be honest. What I am sure of though is that Tim Howard is absolutely not good enough to be our goalkeeper anymore.

Sadly that's incorrect mate.

Sadly that's incorrect mate.

Everyone I read or speak too who sticks up for him is American, but that's just my experience. Like I said, not every American loves him but a lot sure as hell do. I can't fathom why any scouse Evertonians would still stick up for him. Have they not been to Goodison or an away games this season and seen how terrible he's been?

Everyone I read or speak too who sticks up for him is American, but that's just my experience. Like I said, not every American loves him but a lot sure as hell do. I can't fathom why any scouse Evertonians would still stick up for him. Have they not been to Goodison or an away games this season and seen how terrible he's been?

Well i'm only going on I don't think @Dithering Dougie is American and he is his biggest supporter in this thread.

I'm with you mate. He's been so so bad this season.

Tim has been bad this season which I've said in posts numerous times. My main gripes are people blaming the whole season on him when most of the squads been crap too. It's been a bad year for a lot reasons not just Howard. Also people retroactively going back and acting like he's been crap his whole career at everton which isn't true in the slightest. His biggest strengths as a keeper has always been his athleticism and reflexes which would bail him out when he's out of position but now he's older it's getting exposed.

Tim has been bad this season which I've said in posts numerous times. My main gripes are people blaming the whole season on him when most of the squads been crap too. It's been a bad year for a lot reasons not just Howard. Also people retroactively going back and acting like he's been crap his whole career at everton which isn't true in the slightest. His biggest strengths as a keeper has always been his athleticism and reflexes which would bail him out when he's out of position but now he's older it's getting exposed.

Not been crap for his entire Everton career but there was always good and bad in him. Fairly lengthy period where someone shooting from 20 / 25 yards out could start celebrating before the ball hit the net more or less a given he would score.

Thing is, the good outweighed the bad for most of the time. Certainly not now.

And recently he is being quoted a lot in the press. The latest rent-a -quote being that EFC were never in any relegation danger.

Did he actually watch the game at QPR when we got lucky big time?

A defeat there and it could have been oh so different.

Please God give Robles a decent run or if not buy a new goalie for us. Anybody but Taleban Tim.
we weren't in relegation danger, "could have beens" are useless because they didnt happen. The teams below us weren't going to get enough points.

Not been crap for his entire Everton career but there was always good and bad in him. Fairly lengthy period where someone shooting from 20 / 25 yards out could start celebrating before the ball hit the net more or less a given he would score.

Thing is, the good outweighed the bad for most of the time. Certainly not now.
exactly mate, every player has good and bad qualities but as long as they perform that's all that matters and up until this year Howard's performed well the majority of the time.

But, almost to a man, if you read a poster on this forum sticking up for Howard you find they're from the US. They watch him every week on television where the commentators don't mention how bad he is and you don't see how poorly he commands the penalty area when we're under pressure, stuff you only see if you're actually at the game itself. He's got to go in the summer and we need to find a new long-term no.1. Some people would like to see Joel given a proper chance, some would rather just buy someone completely new. I'm not sure which way I feel about that to be honest. What I am sure of though is that Tim Howard is absolutely not good enough to be our goalkeeper anymore.
Don's forget Dithering Doug no 1 fan - TH is his big sunbeam!lol - He has USA videos on goal keeping positioning!

Been proper rubbish this season, wouldn't cry if he was offskies in the summer, would be surprised to see it happen like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back