Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howards saving (pun) grace has been THAT world cup game. If it wasn't for that game everyone would've decided he's done now. Unfortunately people cling on to memories, like Phil Neville with "He changed the game against United with THAT tackle on Ronaldo"

It's about consistently doing the job and Howard doesn't. It's as simple as that.

He's old, he's prone to mistakes and he's now the number one liability of the team. The sooner he goes the better.

Howards saving (pun) grace has been THAT world cup game. If it wasn't for that game everyone would've decided he's done now. Unfortunately people cling on to memories, like Phil Neville with "He changed the game against United with THAT tackle on Ronaldo"

It's about consistently doing the job and Howard doesn't. It's as simple as that.

He's old, he's prone to mistakes and he's now the number one liability of the team. The sooner he goes the better.

I dont know how you can say that - he had his best season for us last season?

And there for me lies the issue. There have been lots of players who have been under-performing for spells and we know that next season they may be back to what we know they can produce. Howard has been in decent form during this unbeaten run. I am not certain that throwing him on the scrapheap is the right thing to do. I'd probably keep him if im honest, although I know that probably won't go down very well on here.

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Gibson
Lennon Barkley Cleveley
Lukaku

I'd put money on that being the starting team next season

I'm not talking about last season though? I'm talking about this season. If he hadn't done so well in that game then THIS season the majority media/fans would be saying he's finished. Unfortunately when he makes a mistake or several in a game, a lot of people still revert back to that game in summer.

My dad does it every game. Howard makes a blunder/refuses to control his area etc and he refuses to criticise him, he does a good save and he's over praising him.

It scares me some people, including yourself want him to still be our number one next season

And there for me lies the issue. There have been lots of players who have been under-performing for spells and we know that next season they may be back to what we know they can produce. Howard has been in decent form during this unbeaten run. I am not certain that throwing him on the scrapheap is the right thing to do. I'd probably keep him if im honest, although I know that probably won't go down very well on here.

Howard
McCarthy Gibson
Lennon Barkley Cleveley
Lukaku

How much money mate?

The opinion of wanting to replace Howard isn't exactly a knee-jerk reaction. He's been poor/inconsistent all season and made 34(?) appearances. Not sure if Joel is the answer as he wasn’t given a fair crack but Howard definitely needs replacing.

I'm not talking about last season though? I'm talking about this season. If he hadn't done so well in that game then THIS season the majority media/fans would be saying he's finished. Unfortunately when he makes a mistake or several in a game, a lot of people still revert back to that game in summer.

My dad does it every game. Howard makes a blunder/refuses to control his area etc and he refuses to criticise him, he does a good save and he's over praising him.

It scares me some people, including yourself want him to still be our number one next season

The only people who bring up "that" game up are the ones who use it in a mocking way to disparage the opinions of the more sensible posters. Nobody really cares or would use a game from 9 months ago as some sort of yardstick to judge Howard by.

Howard
McCarthy Gibson
Lennon Barkley Cleveley
Lukaku

You do know that you have Gibson in that line-up don't you?
If the season starts in February 2016 you might be right!

You must not visit this thread or twitter then mate because there are -plenty more people blaming him for anything they possibly can rather than praising him. Just have a look back in this thread for the southampton game, people genuinely having a go at him for the Pelle save and for hte Ward-Prowse free kick that went wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back