Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

He gave him so much of the goal that it became too easy to score so Fellaini missed. Clever goalkeeping.
I noticed that, he dived early on his backside , but lets face it Felli should have scored, maybe we are just having that bit of luck all over the pitch now as winning breeds confidence, and with that you create your own luck!
TBH I thought Smalling free header from a corner in the first half was another killer miss for UNT!
Again we seem to be getting the rub now look at our first goal it was a very good goal but the cross fell nicely to McCarthy, and he took it so well - that sort of rub was not happening in most of our earlier games!

Some good saves to be fair.

Again though my opinion remains the same. He's a good Hollywood keeper, pulling off those great youtube moments. But when it comes to the more subtle elements of goalkeeping, he is still suspect.

No way mate. All keepers seem to have a mistake in them. But it's no coincidence that Leicester's good run has come when he has replaced Schwarzer after being injury.
I've seen him rooted to the spot for shots that he should be going for and stopping shots that then get paried straight into the path of oncoming forwards.

He is not the class we require.

He's a bog standard lower PL team GK, imo.

I noticed that, he dived early on his backside , but lets face it Felli should have scored, maybe we are just having that bit of luck all over the pitch now as winning breeds confidence, and with that you create your own luck!
TBH I thought Smalling free header from a corner in the first half was another killer miss for UNT!
Again we seem to be getting the rub now look at our first goal it was a very good goal but the cross fell nicely to McCarthy, and he took it so well - that sort of rub was not happening in most of our earlier games!
I don't think it's a coincidence that we get a bit of luck when we actually start playing well again. When things aren't going our way results wise nothing else goes our way. Just look at December.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we get a bit of luck when we actually start playing well again. When things aren't going our way results wise nothing else goes our way. Just look at December.
Are we getting luck because we're playing well, or do we appear to be playing better because we've gotten a bit lucky with results? This is a game of very small margins, but we tend to look at the scoreline and remember games as a good/bad performance on that basis.

Tim played well but he has forgotten the Sunderland home game of last season.

Some of those short passes to defenders who are facing the wrong way were more suited for 5 a side game. But he did well to save from Rooney and came out to stop a big chance in the first half.

I still hope Robles or a.n.other gets the job next season.

TH came back in to the team well below par, hence the criticisms I and others have given with a few defenders of him, when his form has improved recently since his comeback from injury, it looked yesterday that that old injury has returned by just kicking the ball, my point being RM should have let Robles stay in a little bit longer after three clean sheets. the debate has raged on Doug has defended him to the hilt, and to give credit TH has improved after his disastrous return his first game v Leicester was a mare of a performance.
It has made my mind up we need more than a back up keeper in Robles unless he gets a fair run , and proves himself to be a very good Keeper or we need to sign a top young No 1 Keeper. as TH age may be catching up with him if he gets injured just kicking the ball.
I doubt TH would want to be a back up Keeper to Robles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back