Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st Goal - Cross from 35yd to just outside the 6yd box and a free header

Why doesn't he come from his line? He wasn't even set, he doesn't move. Just 5 mins before he did the same thing but Jags headed over.

2nd Goal - Corner flick on to the back post unmarked.

Ball watching again. Howard is appealing for offside but he has no idea a player is behind.

3rd Goal - Poor kick upfield to no one. Team split open, comes off his line but doesn't tighten the angle or comes out quick enough.

He is too slow and his concentration costs upto 15 goals a season. He needs to go.

Ijjy,I think atfer that fxxxing horrendous display of goal keeping yesterday even the Tim lovers are struggling to defend him on here .

Not excusing Howard here, but I want to move past the general he is rubbish/trash/clown/etc type punditry and talk about exactly why he did not come out to claim that cross on the first goal- which to me was by far the most troubling GK moment of the three. Does anyone else think that they have set up a system whereby the keeper is never going to come for crosses and the defenders are expected to clear all crosses. He comes for none.:rant:

Remember a few months back when he and Jags would get into arguments on the pitch after goals? Then the reasonably good form returned and the arguments stopped? Maybe they just set a rule that he wasn't coming for ANY cross so that there was no confusion? Sure seems that way. At any rate, early crosses continue to be a bit of a problem for EFC, and it trouble me that the strategy was remembered yesterday.

Not excusing Howard here, but I want to move past the general he is rubbish/trash/clown/etc type punditry and talk about exactly why he did not come out to claim that cross on the first goal- which to me was by far the most troubling GK moment of the three. Does anyone else think that they have set up a system whereby the keeper is never going to come for crosses and the defenders are expected to clear all crosses. He comes for none.:rant:

Remember a few months back when he and Jags would get into arguments on the pitch after goals? Then the reasonably good form returned and the arguments stopped? Maybe they just set a rule that he wasn't coming for ANY cross so that there was no confusion? Sure seems that way. At any rate, early crosses continue to be a bit of a problem for EFC, and it trouble me that the strategy was remembered yesterday.

It's a good point mate and very well may have happened behind closed doors. Sometimes though a keeper just has to shout "Keepers" and clean everyone out in order to claim the ball or at least punch it away.

Good point though mate so yeah I reckon that's a possible explanation.

It's a good point mate and very well may have happened behind closed doors. Sometimes though a keeper just has to shout "Keepers" and clean everyone out in order to claim the ball or at least punch it away.

Good point though mate so yeah I reckon that's a possible explanation.
As a matter of interest who is the goalkeeping coach, is it Lawrence? He's not teaching Tim anything is he, or soft lad
is too arrogant to listen, be better to get rid of the two of them.

As a matter of interest who is the goalkeeping coach, is it Lawrence? He's not teaching Tim anything is he, or soft lad
is too arrogant to listen, be better to get rid of the two of them.

Lawrence is the defensive coach as far as I'm aware. I know the GK coach looks like but don't know his name. Managers seem to stick with who they know when it comes to giving roles out at the club so unfortunately I reckon we are stuck with the coach and stuck with Howard until his contract runs out.

The sooner he is gone the better, I would hate to play in front of him, you would have no confidence in him collecting anything in the air coming in to the box.

if we are going to keep jags and stones at the back next season we need a keepr to command his area , or we will be suckers for any balls lumped into the box like we are at the moment, Howard isnt that keeper so either we get a big centre back in and keep him in or he has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back