Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard does some excellent things (the recent saves vs Soton spring to mind)...but he is too often 'out to lunch'. Possessing such dichotomy, he is a perfect representative, a microcosm, of Everton Football Club in the PL era.

Howard does some excellent things (the recent saves vs Soton spring to mind)...but he is too often 'out to lunch'. Possessing such dichotomy, he is a perfect representative, a microcosm, of Everton Football Club in the PL era.

I've said this on multiple occasions in this thread. Howard is Everton: some excellent moments, some horrendous moments, a 7th place keeper for a 7th place team.

ost: 3533310, member: 18029"]Howard does some excellent things (the recent saves vs Soton spring to mind)...but he is too often 'out to lunch'. Possessing such dichotomy, he is a perfect representative,
Meaning ?....Not up to the mark.....agreed.

ost: 3533310, member: 18029"]Howard does some excellent things (the recent saves vs Soton spring to mind)...but he is too often 'out to lunch'. Possessing such dichotomy, he is a perfect representative,
Meaning ?....Not up to the mark.....agreed.
Correct. He isn't up to the mark and neither is our football team. And if coming out and calling a spade a spade rankles, so be it.

think its hilarious people think we'd be up in the CL places if only howard didn't play. He's a had a bad season without a doubt. However so has pretty much the whole squad. Howard is not the difference between us being 11th and 4th

think its hilarious people think we'd be up in the CL places if only howard didn't play. He's a had a bad season without a doubt. However so has pretty much the whole squad. Howard is not the difference between us being 11th and 4th

I honestly think those performances from him early on have cost us a few points though. It's all butterfly effect stuff though.

I honestly think those performances from him early on have cost us a few points though. It's all butterfly effect stuff though.
oh i mean he has had some really poor matches I'm not denying that at all. Just that people act as if he's the only thing that kept us from competing for top 4 this year which is pretty ridiculous. Can't think of one player who has played better this year than they did last year (maybe stones but he also missed 3 months). Ross, Barry, Seamus, Baines, Jags have all been below their usual standards, Kev keeps doing his hammy in, lennon has played really well recently but wasn't around most of the season. Rom tore it up in EL but think he had a better year in the Prem last season. Mccarthy has even had some off games. Just a collective drop in form from basically the whole squad

Cant agree there fella,Howard has cost us big time .On the basis of what a good keeper is worth Utd would be mid table at best without De Gea.
???...my point was that Howard (and his team) are not up to it. There are inherent mental weaknesses all over the shop...and I am getting a little tired of it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back