Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is inherent mental weaknesses all over the shop
A lot of it fostered by the gentlemans club for retired/crap footballers ethos.

Which saw Howard return immediately for the better, younger goalkeeper, Gareth Barry start every game possible despite looking 46, Distin put together a long run of the worst ever central defending seen in the PL earlier this season, Hibbert start left back instead of Garbutt (bye bye Luke), and Naismith/Eto become fixtures instead of squad players as soon as they put in a couple of decent cameos.

The nobhead at Chelsea has the benefit of spending loads....but he'd have run this team much more efficiently/ruthlessly this season.

Only player not to have a below par game on Saturday therefore by default he was MOTM against Villa.
How do you make that out when he was at fault for the first two goals by be glued to his line when does he ever leave it for a corner or a cross - Tim Sherwood had it worked out - he dropped his USA keeper. and played on the weakness of ours, pity our manager had not got the guts to do it even when I think he was injured for that game Doug his kicking and reactions gave that away - they had 4 attempts on target scored three!
I agree with you it was a very bad performance , but for you to give him MOTM was an insult to Referee Clattenburg who had an outstanding game for us!

How do you make that out when he was at fault for the first two goals by be glued to his line when does he ever leave it for a corner or a cross - Tim Sherwood had it worked out - he dropped his USA keeper. and played on the weakness of ours, pity our manager had not got the guts to do it even when I think he was injured for that game Doug his kicking and reactions gave that away - they had 4 attempts on target scored three!
I agree with you it was a very bad performance , but for you to give him MOTM was an insult to Referee Clattenburg who had an outstanding game for us!

Sure, TH has been more or less terrible this season, but what world do you live in where you find it was his fault for Villa's first two goals?

Howard was at fault?

Yeah mate, whatever you say.

think its hilarious people think we'd be up in the CL places if only howard didn't play. He's a had a bad season without a doubt. However so has pretty much the whole squad. Howard is not the difference between us being 11th and 4th
Not quite that severe but not far off. Hes easily cost us 10 points this season

Not quite that severe but not far off. Hes easily cost us 10 points this season
don't think anyone at the club has had a CL worthy season (considering Stones missed 3months). Has Howard been good? of course not but neither has most of the defensive unit. Seamus and Baines have had pretty poor seasons defensively, Barry's issues have been pointed out more times than any, Jags has played well lately but he was struggling at the beginning after the WC. You defend as a unit is all I'm trying to say.

Sure, TH has been more or less terrible this season, but what world do you live in where you find it was his fault for Villa's first two goals?
Totally static on his line both crosses- on the six yard box imo a keeper has to take command with a punch out, you can tell Jags and stones have no confidence in him on crosses, also he did not look fit, injured last week with his calf, his kicks never got over the half way line!
TH form has improved in recent weeks, but every time we concede a cross I fear the worst in him as a keeper who can command his box never mind his six yard box! As for MOTM Doug is just joking as all the team were pants, yet he conceded three goals made one save!

Right.

I've seen the goal now.

This might shock people but they clearly weren't just Howard's fault.

Yes he was crap on all 3 really, but with the players in front of him acting like they don't know what a Bentekke is, he's left very very exposed.

But, totally agree with all the comments about commanding his area. It was always likely that Bentekkers would have the better of our defenders in the air, so ffs keeper come and clatter all and sundry in front of you.

The third one was a decent goal to be fair but yes maybe, and only maybe should be out quicker but it's a difficult.

lol

Right.

I've seen the goal now.

This might shock people but they clearly weren't just Howard's fault.

Yes he was crap on all 3 really, but with the players in front of him acting like they don't know what a Bentekke is, he's left very very exposed.

But, totally agree with all the comments about commanding his area. It was always likely that Bentekkers would have the better of our defenders in the air, so ffs keeper come and clatter all and sundry in front of you.

The third one was a decent goal to be fair but yes maybe, and only maybe should be out quicker but it's a difficult.
thank you ijjy. this is all i've been trying to get out but saying so makes me a howard american fanboy haha

Totally static on his line both crosses- on the six yard box imo a keeper has to take command with a punch out, you can tell Jags and stones have no confidence in him on crosses, also he did not look fit, injured last week with his calf, his kicks never got over the half way line!
TH form has improved in recent weeks, but every time we concede a cross I fear the worst in him as a keeper who can command his box never mind his six yard box! As for MOTM Doug is just joking as all the team were pants, yet he conceded three goals made one save!
dont you agree we should do a better job preventing crosses though? I rarely see us pressure crossers enough to stop them from coming in or alter their path. Klinnsman's strategy in the WC limited crosses which allowed Howard to play as well as he did. Not saying we should change our defensive approach for Tim, just a possible explanation. also the 2nd goal naismith ducked out of the way ffs and stones blocked barry from benteke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back