Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
30. Points.

So using your reasoning. Tim Howard could have given us second place this year?
Wow.

Applying your logic of 30 points...
Tim Howard is worth a goal difference of 36 goals then this season. Looking at our defeats; example like Chelsea he would have needed stop 4 goals to turn that into a win.

36 goals.
So if the season were over today; 46 goals for and 10 goals against.

Seems legit.
Joel would have got us 2nd. He's a goalkeeper that can catch the ball. Tim isn't.

Yeah Howard has cost us a few points this season and the odd point in others probably,but he's the easy target,even when he has done nothing wrong,how many points over the years in various seasons might/has he won us,and there has been quick a few lol

I don't know, but I could probably count them on one hand

seriously now mate, you clearly trying to wind us up by twisting the stats, a fair assessment is he has cost us say 23 points, I'm not sure were this points us in the league
23 points. Ok lets look at it realistically then and see if it is possible.

Look at the draws then... for 23 points we would need to change 10 draws into a win and a loss into a win.
So out of our 11 draws this season we had 3 nil-nil games. Since we can agree that a keep cannot give up less than 0 we can safely assume that we have 8 games available for points. Thats 8 goals then.

8 goals there but we are still short because that would only give a maximum of 16 points more on the season.
So we need another 7 points. so thats 3 more games to get there since we can agree that you cant get 7 points from 2 games, we have to have the 3rd to create a draw..
out of our 13 losses 8 of them were within 1 goal of a draw.
Math is fun.
If Howard lets in 1 goal less in 7 of those matches and we get a draw then we get to your 7 points extra points.
Total of 15 goals that Howard has directly given up right?
Our record would be 19-10-6 with a goal diff of 46-31 (Overall 4th in the league)

So for 30 points that EDD is wont to claim. We need another 7 points.
Well according to our new record we have 10 draws so following our scenario another IF Howard lets in 3 less goals thats another 6 points but we need 1 more draw to get to our 7 extra points. All of the remaining losses were 2 goals or more difference so Howard would be responsible for 2 more goals in order to create that draw.
So for 30 points.
Our record would be 22-8-5 with a goal diff 46-26 with the best total defense in the league.
Howard has cost us a total of 20 goals this season.

So the assertion means Howard is responsible of between 33% - 44% of all goals scored against us.
Seems right.

I've broken down the maths, that's 'math' to the howard fans, timbo has conceded 46 goals and made 53 saves, lets compare that to a random keeper, lets go with de gea, who has made 92 saves and conceded 35 goals, as @Skeleton Crew points out howard is around 35% below par, meaning we could swap places with utd had he performed like a normal keeper
I'm not even going to get into this because there are so many things wrong with your argument, but your "random" and "normal" keeper is the best in the league, and a keeper we would never get. Your selection is as far from random as you could get and you only chose De Gea to try and aid your own agenda.

You also account for zero variables such as how [Poor language removed] our whole team has been. Correlation does not mean causation my friend. Cheers.

23 points. Ok lets look at it realistically then and see if it is possible.

Look at the draws then... for 23 points we would need to change 10 draws into a win and a loss into a win.
So out of our 11 draws this season we had 3 nil-nil games. Since we can agree that a keep cannot give up less than 0 we can safely assume that we have 8 games available for points. Thats 8 goals then.

8 goals there but we are still short because that would only give a maximum of 16 points more on the season.
So we need another 7 points. so thats 3 more games to get there since we can agree that you cant get 7 points from 2 games, we have to have the 3rd to create a draw..
out of our 13 losses 8 of them were within 1 goal of a draw.
Math is fun.
If Howard lets in 1 goal less in 7 of those matches and we get a draw then we get to your 7 points extra points.
Total of 15 goals that Howard has directly given up right?
Our record would be 19-10-6 with a goal diff of 46-31 (Overall 4th in the league)

So for 30 points that EDD is wont to claim. We need another 7 points.
Well according to our new record we have 10 draws so following our scenario another IF Howard lets in 3 less goals thats another 6 points but we need 1 more draw to get to our 7 extra points. All of the remaining losses were 2 goals or more difference so Howard would be responsible for 2 more goals in order to create that draw.
So for 30 points.
Our record would be 22-8-5 with a goal diff 46-26 with the best total defense in the league.
Howard has cost us a total of 20 goals this season.

So the assertion means Howard is responsible of between 33% - 44% of all goals scored against us.
Seems right.
Watching the games with my eyes tells me that he has cost us at least 30 points. You have manipulated stats to suit your ridiculous agenda.

I'm not even going to get into this because there are so many things wrong with your argument, but your "random" and "normal" keeper is the best in the league, and a keeper we would never get. Your selection is as far from random as you could get and you only chose De Gea to try and aid your own agenda.

You also account for zero variables such as how [Poor language removed] our whole team has been. Correlation does not mean causation my friend. Cheers.
look you are clearly twisting my argument here, trying to make out i have an agenda when i have just presented facts

Watching the games with my eyes tells me that he has cost us at least 30 points. You have manipulated stats to suit your ridiculous agenda.

Because the eye test is how everything is judged on the field.

If you would like to bring something substantial to your argument other than your eyes I would like to see it in text.
So far during this ENTIRE thread and all the other subsequent threads concerning Howard you haven't really made one legitimate argument.

Perhaps your glaucoma is acting up and you have been smoking a little more than usual :) or secretly you are in fact Joel Robels. Either is possible.

I've broken down the maths, that's 'math' to the howard fans, timbo has conceded 46 goals and made 53 saves, lets compare that to a random keeper, lets go with de gea, who has made 92 saves and conceded 35 goals, as @Skeleton Crew points out howard is around 35% below par, meaning we could swap places with utd had he performed like a normal keeper

Trolling now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back