Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'd be fourth without this whopper between the sticks, no doubt in my mind

Fourth you say?
So Tim Howard is directly responsible for 21 points. You're stating that our Keeper is worth about 20% of the season.
No doubt in my mind you dont know what is going on in your mind :)

By that stretch the highest paid player on a team should always be the GK, apparently Howard isnt playing well because he isnt paid enough :dance:

Fourth you say?
So Tim Howard is directly responsible for 21 points. You're stating that our Keeper is worth about 20% of the season.
No doubt in my mind you dont know what is going on in your mind :)

By that stretch the highest paid player on a team should always be the GK, apparently Howard isnt playing well because he isnt paid enough :dance:
Keepers have a lot more responsibility than other players because there's no one behind them to bail them out. Their mistakes will most likely be punished. Surely you realise this?

No keeper conceding 3 goals can be motm. Ever.

That's just ridiculous.

Howard did nothing wrong on Saturday while every other player bar Osman made repeative mistakes for long periods of the game, and seeing as Osman only played for 20 odd minutes the only player worthy of MOTM is clearly Howard who was blameless for the result and awful performance.

Keepers have a lot more responsibility than other players because there's no one behind them to bail them out. Their mistakes will most likely be punished. Surely you realise this?

I wont argue the keeper is the last line but there are 10 players in front of them that have a responsibility to prevent the shot in the first place. I am sure I realize this.

I quoted someone claiming the keeper is the reason we dont have 21 points more this reason. If he is so important then sack Tim Howard since he didnt score enough goals either...He only tied for 12th on our team in goals scored.

Ok
dont you agree we should do a better job preventing crosses though? I rarely see us pressure crossers enough to stop them from coming in or alter their path. Klinnsman's strategy in the WC limited crosses which allowed Howard to play as well as he did. Not saying we should change our defensive approach for Tim, just a possible explanation. also the 2nd goal naismith ducked out of the way ffs and stones blocked barry from benteke
let's stop every corner v us!

I wont argue the keeper is the last line but there are 10 players in front of them that have a responsibility to prevent the shot in the first place. I am sure I realize this.

I quoted someone claiming the keeper is the reason we dont have 21 points more this reason. If he is so important then sack Tim Howard since he didnt score enough goals either...He only tied for 12th on our team in goals scored.
To be honest it's probably closer to 30 points that he's cost us.

Ok

let's stop every corner v us!
Good thougtful response mate. I'm trying have a serious discussion but you're taking the piss. I'm talking about the season as a whole not the villa match. The first goal wasn't off a corner anyway. You honestly think that 2nd was solely on howard? What about Naismith and stones, they didn't make mistakes defending the corner? Benteke was in acres of space

Yeah Howard has cost us a few points this season and the odd point in others probably,but he's the easy target,even when he has done nothing wrong,how many points over the years in various seasons might/has he won us,and there has been quick a few lol

Yeah Howard has cost us a few points this season and the odd point in others probably,but he's the easy target,even when he has done nothing wrong,how many points over the years in various seasons might/has he won us,and there has been quick a few lol
Not that many.

And hes cost us more than 'just a few' points this season

He's held us back for five or six seasons now....premier league side with conference standard goalkeeper

To be honest it's probably closer to 30 points that he's cost us.

30. Points.

So using your reasoning. Tim Howard could have given us second place this year?
Wow.

Applying your logic of 30 points...
Tim Howard is worth a goal difference of 36 goals then this season. Looking at our defeats; example like Chelsea he would have needed stop 4 goals to turn that into a win.

36 goals.
So if the season were over today; 46 goals for and 10 goals against.

Seems legit.

30. Points.

So using your reasoning. Tim Howard could have given us second place this year?
Wow.

Applying your logic of 30 points...
Tim Howard is worth a goal difference of 36 goals then this season. Looking at our defeats; example like Chelsea he would have needed stop 4 goals to turn that into a win.

36 goals.
So if the season were over today; 46 goals for and 10 goals against.

Seems legit.
seriously now mate, you clearly trying to wind us up by twisting the stats, a fair assessment is he has cost us say 23 points, I'm not sure were this points us in the league

Good thougtful response mate. I'm trying have a serious discussion but you're taking the piss. I'm talking about the season as a whole not the villa match. The first goal wasn't off a corner anyway. You honestly think that 2nd was solely on howard? What about Naismith and stones, they didn't make mistakes defending the corner? Benteke was in acres of space
Sorry for the wind up , but I was debating with Doug no one was MOTM on Sat!
I still worry with him commanding his box though, I still maintain he did not look 100 percent fit judging by his kicking.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back