Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
tim-howard-save-of-the-year-everton-silences-haters-world-class.jpg

Is that the save from Pelle's feeble mis-kick when he was stood on the edge of his six yard box and really should have been in a position to stand up and catch it with his eyes closed?

Remember when we were 1-0 up at Anfield in the 2009 FA Cup game and he let a crap Gerrard shot go straight through him?
Remember in 2005 when Nigel Martyn couldn't decide whether to catch or punch the ball and fell into his net, for Luis Garcia to score ?

Remember back in 1972 when.........

Remember in 2005 when Nigel Martyn couldn't decide whether to catch or punch the ball and fell into his net, for Luis Garcia to score ?

Don't even dare compare Martyn to Howard.

Nigel single-handedly kept us in the Premier League back in 03/04. This season Tim has seemed like he's been on a one-man mission to take us down.

His individual errors have cost us more than any other player this season.
Even if this awful season, we would have had a chance of chasing EL if we had the extra points he has cost us. At least 11 points by my reckoning.

There's a lot worse you can do than TH, but that doesn't mean I'll be happy if he's our #1 next year.

Hold up, you don't really like Howard though do you?
I think this season he has been awful, very bad yes. But honestly who hasn't ?

He has rightfully got a lashing at times but i hate to see a player who has not only been a good servant to the club but also a solid Everton keeper since he has been here. His mistakes this season are clouding over the good what came before and its wrong.

Don't even dare compare Martyn to Howard.

Nigel single-handedly kept us in the Premier League back in 03/04. This season Tim has seemed like he's been on a one-man mission to take us down.
LOL

There was no comparison and my point has obviously flew right over your head.

Remember in 2011 when Howard clattered Dirk Kuyt for no reason to give them a penalty when we were 2-1 up.

I think this season he has been awful, very bad yes. But honestly who hasn't ?

He has rightfully got a lashing at times but i hate to see a player who has not only been a good servant to the club but also a solid Everton keeper since he has been here. His mistakes this season are clouding over the good what came before and its wrong.

GOOD SERVANT KLAXON

Hate that saying. What he's done in the past (which really isn't anything to get excited about) doesn't count for anything right now.

Neville Southall was a great servant to us but I wouldn't want him playing now (actually I might if it meant Howard not playing).

Every player has an end to their career mate. Phil Neville had the Wigan game, perhaps Howard should have this season.

You are right that just about every player has been bad this season. But this is the Tim Howard thread.

GOOD SERVANT KLAXON

Hate that saying. What he's done in the past (which really isn't anything to get excited about) doesn't count for anything right now.

Neville Southall was a great servant to us but I wouldn't want him playing now (actually I might if it meant Howard not playing).

Every player has an end to their career mate. Phil Neville had the Wigan game, perhaps Howard should have this season.

You are right that just about every player has been bad this season. But this is the Tim Howard thread.

Like i said he has rightfully deserved a lashing at times this season. But do we need to go back in time and bring up errors from 10 years ago to solidify and prove he is gash ? I don't think so and thats where my comment about being ' good servant ' comes from.

Like i said he has rightfully deserved a lashing at times this season. But do we need to go back in time and bring up errors from 10 years ago to solidify and prove he is gash ? I don't think so and thats where my comment about being ' good servant ' comes from.

Makes sense to me that mate.

I just want a normal keeper in goal.

Not happening though.

Even tho everyone has said Tim has had a crap season and no one would object to a new world class keeper, any reasonable conversation on this thread has been ruined by a few posters screaming CRAAAPP at every post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back