Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
His past accomplishments for us do not make up for an awful season.

I've never particularly liked having him in our nets - he has too many faults which have been exposed at varying times in his career with us, usually as singularities as opposed to the current occurrences it has been this season.

Doesn't command / come for crosses
So hesitant to come off his line, or attempt sweeping up Lloris style. (Not saying I want that all the time, but sometimes it's obvious and he doesn't move / moves way too late putting pressure on himself or defence)
Severe lack of communication with his back line
Near post goals ffs
Beaten from distance too easily
Poor walls
Poor concentration (at least it appears to me that way)

Even tho everyone has said Tim has had a crap season and no one would object to a new world class keeper, any reasonable conversation on this thread has been ruined by a few posters screaming CRAAAPP at every post.
I agree. Very disappointed in some of our American supporters.

Even tho everyone has said Tim has had a crap season and no one would object to a new world class keeper, any reasonable conversation on this thread has been ruined by a few posters screaming CRAAAPP at every post.
Crap is accurate though, I'd say more but the limitations of the GOT swear filter prevent it

Like i said he has rightfully deserved a lashing at times this season. But do we need to go back in time and bring up errors from 10 years ago to solidify and prove he is gash ? I don't think so and thats where my comment about being ' good servant ' comes from.

I think it's more to prove that he has never been anything special and isn't "just having a tough season". He's not always been as hopelessly godawful as he has been the past 3 years, but he's not been anything more than a mid-table standard keeper

I think it's more to prove that he has never been anything special and isn't "just having a tough season". He's not always been as hopelessly godawful as he has been the past 3 years, but he's not been anything more than a mid-table standard keeper
In your opinion !

Top keepers don't make so many horrific blunders, that's not my opinion, that's the truth
I agree, you're right. He has made some horrendous errors this season and the stick is justified. This is just my opinion and im not telling people how to post, but i don't think his performances this season don't equally justify going back in time to remember some of his other errors from yester-year. It shouldn't be a stick to beat him with because he has been below par (like everyone else too) this season. Since being here he has been a very good Everton keeper and anyone denying that is absolutely moron. If this actually is his last in an Everton shirt, then in years to come most Evertonians will judge him solely on his last ( you'd think so be some of the comments ) and it rubs me up the wrong way to be honest as he has given us some excellent memories since he has been here.

Solid Everton keeper.

I agree, you're right. He has made some horrendous errors this season and the stick is justified. This is just my opinion and im not telling people how to post, but i don't think his performances this season don't equally justify going back in time to remember some of his other errors from yester-year. It shouldn't be a stick to beat him with because he has been below par (like everyone else too) this season. Since being here he has been a very good Everton keeper and anyone denying that is absolutely moron. If this actually is his last in an Everton shirt, then in years to come most Evertonians will judge him solely on his last ( you'd think so be some of the comments ) and it rubs me up the wrong way to be honest as he has given us some excellent memories since he has been here.

Solid Everton keeper.
If you think he has been a very good goalkeeper for Evertonand anyone denying this is an absolute moron, well I
must be an absolute moron, thanks for that.

Ye

Solid Everton keeper.
yes your right some fantastic memories

The old star jumps
Rooted to his line
Flapping at crosses
Fantastic kicking ability
Going backwards at free kicks and pushing the ball into the side of his net

Happy days

If you think he has been a very good goalkeeper for Evertonand anyone denying this is an absolute moron, well I
must be an absolute moron, thanks for that.

You don't think so ? On a whole, as an Everton goalkeeper since 2007, you think he is........ a bit crap.

Ye

yes your right some fantastic memories

The old star jumps
Rooted to his line
Flapping at crosses
Fantastic kicking ability
Going backwards at free kicks and pushing the ball into the side of his net

Happy days

Great star jump here for the second
First one is poor too (and actually pretty funny - i didn't find it funny at the time though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back