Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like our fans often try and read genius into everything we do.

Like we don't buy anyone so obviously we're saving up for one big signing, we announce we're not buying a keeper so obviously we've found the new buffon in our youth terms.

Well often I think we're just skint and have to make do.
i actually think Martinez just isn't as down on howard as everyone else

your right about that mate I'm really baffled by all of this.

It's simple really. All managers have a clear first choice keeper, Howard is Martinez's and after giving him a contract extension last season he's shown his faith in him for the next few seasons.

Robles was a gamble on young talent that didn't pay off, it happens to all managers that sort of thing though so there's no point looking to far into it. Now Martinez is banking on one of our younger keepers pushing through to replace Howard in 12-18 months time.

I feel like our fans often try and read genius into everything we do.

Like we don't buy anyone so obviously we're saving up for one big signing, we announce we're not buying a keeper so obviously we've found the new buffon in our youth terms.

Well often I think we're just skint and have to make do.

Now I never said the young replacement would be worldclass. Just a young replacement from the ranks.

It's simple really. All managers have a clear first choice keeper, Howard is Martinez's and after giving him a contract extension last season he's shown his faith in him for the next few seasons.

Robles was a gamble on young talent that didn't pay off, it happens to all managers that sort of thing though so there's no point looking to far into it. Now Martinez is banking on one of our younger keepers pushing through to replace Howard in 12-18 months time.
Is Robles on your list Dougie?

Possibly. He obviously thinks Howard's our best keeper right now and if he actually isn't going to buy a new keeper this year, and isn't just bullshitting the press, he clearly also doesn't think it's a priority position.
I have to agree with this. If it was choice between Robles or Howard and spending 10m+ on a new keeper I'd take my chances with our GKs we have now. We have bigger needs such as a 3rd CB and a creative midfielder

I have to agree with this. If it was choice between Robles or Howard and spending 10m+ on a new keeper I'd take my chances with our GKs we have now. We have bigger needs such as a 3rd CB and a creative midfielder

We can't keep putting it off. We need to buy a keeper at some point.

I'd go for this summer, myself.

And Nigel Martyn. :mad:
I liked Nigel Martyn a lot when he was our No1. In Everton's greatest ever season in the premier league, Martyn was our keeper. He managed to keep 11 clean sheets in the league. Who has the record for number of clean sheets for Everton in prem history ?

Robles never paid off - Doug he kept three clean sheets commanded his area looked good, the Defence looked better on crosses, the was no gamble to unfairly drop him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back