Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lid's a fecking hero

tim-howard-pk-save.gif

tim-howard-everton-southampton.gif

awful positioning v Southampton great recovery save, but again I enphisise his positioning and his command of his box on crosses is pants!

The Southampton attempt. Where the hell would you like him to stand. He's inside his 6 yard box, actually 3 yards out. You wouldn't expect the ball to loop over him into the goal. Any further back he's giving them too much to shoot at either side.

yup, a lot of people who complain about him not coming off his line enough are the same who complained about him being off his line for the southampton save. He had a [Poor language removed] season but that was a world class save.

The Southampton attempt. Where the hell would you like him to stand. He's inside his 6 yard box, actually 3 yards out. You wouldn't expect the ball to loop over him into the goal. Any further back he's giving them too much to shoot at either side.

Hold on. You think he should be there?

Theres so many better keepers out there that it's hard to choose.

Also you said earlier, 'OSPINA IS JUST A FANCY NAME' making it out like Ospina isn't actually miles ahead of Howard, when he is.
The Arsenal fans that watch this fella on a week to week basis all comment on how his positional play is poor and his decision making isn't up to scratch either. I think i'd rather take their word for it than yours ( no offence ).

So by going on the comments of Ospina's actual club fans reviews of him and your views on our own keeper, we're pretty much like for like. The only way we are going to upgrade on Tim Howard is by spending a decent chunk of change in my opinion. As is the case with Everton Football Club, that decent chunk of change is in short supply and currently we have other area's of our first team that are in desperate need of upgrade before that position.

As has been said, yes he didn't have the best of seasons last year, but then who did ? He does need replacing but now isn't the time for it. What is interesting is that you actually want to bring in another goalkeeper. Which says a lot about the confidence you have in your Everton # 1 and actual # 2, Joel Robles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back