Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well WBA - How about the bottom team Leicester where he gifted them to Palm out goals. From collectable crosses and we were lucky to scrape a draw?
Let's not carried away TH made two saves in the first half - as much possession Sourhampton had in the 2nd half not one save to make!

as i said Robles v west brom = credit

Howard v s'oton = stick

go figure

as i said Robles v west brom = credit

Howard v s'oton = stick

go figure
He pulled of a very good save yesterday, shouldnt of been lobbed from abar 3 yards but he made up for it.

Doesnt excuse his attempts to single handedly relegate us through out the season

He pulled of a very good save yesterday, shouldnt of been lobbed from abar 3 yards but he made up for it.

Doesnt excuse his attempts to single handedly relegate us through out the season
Was a class touch from Pelle and a class save from Howard. It is ok to give an actual not backhanded compliment and maintain your point of view.

Do you actually think he should have come for that ball? You may well be right, but that's a poor example.
Jagielka heads it on the edge of the 6 and it's curling away from goal, no players in the way, it was there for Howard to grab.

It's not a huge deal really, keepers let those go all the time. But if Jagielka's clearance had fallen to a Southampton player who drilled it in the net, Djemba-Djemba and others on here would be furiously stroking off over how badly Howard messed it up. But that didn't happen, so Howard gets a pass. My only point in posting it was to show that the GOT anti-Howard brigade seems to have a very poor understand of the game, and only base their impressions of player performance on final results.

It may seem weird to post a gif of Howard's mistake as a way to go after Howard's critics, I'm merely trying to point out that their framework for evaluating his performances is blatantly limited and heavily biased by the final score of the game. It's the same reason we keep hearing about Joel's 3 clean-sheets without any discussion of his flapping at the ball or the goal-line clearances from defenders that he relied on - Howard's critics only look at the scoreline without bothering to consider the context or actually evaluate his performance across 90 minutes.

Jagielka heads it on the edge of the 6 and it's curling away from goal, no players in the way, it was there for Howard to grab.

It's not a huge deal really, keepers let those go all the time. But if Jagielka's clearance had fallen to a Southampton player who drilled it in the net, Djemba-Djemba and others on here would be furiously stroking off over how badly Howard messed it up. But that didn't happen, so Howard gets a pass. My only point in posting it was to show that the GOT anti-Howard brigade seems to have a very poor understand of the game, and only base their impressions of player performance on final results.

It may seem weird to post a gif of Howard's mistake as a way to go after Howard's critics, I'm merely trying to point out that their framework for evaluating his performances is blatantly limited and heavily biased by the final score of the game. It's the same reason we keep hearing about Joel's 3 clean-sheets without any discussion of his flapping at the ball or the goal-line clearances from defenders that he relied on - Howard's critics only look at the scoreline without bothering to consider the context or actually evaluate his performance across 90 minutes.
Makes sense. I disagree on Howard coming for that particular ball, however. The ball is driven at a fairly decent clip. The only way he's getting there is if he makes the decision to come for it as it's being hit. If it was a bit more floated, I'd agree that he should have come. Howard still seems to second guess himself now more than he used too. Probably because he doesn't have the agility he once did to recover if he makes the wrong choice.

I agree with your general point though.

Howard is loose cannon

Good keeper with good skills

But....

He makes too many bad decisions that many times are crucial.

I really dont know what to do with him.

FFS LETS MAKE A CAPTAIN OUT OF HIM

Howard is loose cannon

Good keeper with good skills

But....

He makes too many bad decisions that many times are crucial.

I really dont know what to do with him.

FFS LETS MAKE A CAPTAIN OUT OF HIM

Honestly mate...that is the frustration, isn't it?

We all know that he is capable of the astonishing on both sides of the spectrum...when he's in form, he limits the bad ones.

Sadly Belgium seems to have beaten it out of him last summer. His top form I mean. Hopefully he regains it...the So'ton game was a step in the right direction.

Honestly mate...that is the frustration, isn't it?

We all know that he is capable of the astonishing on both sides of the spectrum...when he's in form, he limits the bad ones.

Sadly Belgium seems to have beaten it out of him last summer. His top form I mean. Hopefully he regains it...the So'ton game was a step in the right direction.

Genuinely think he wont be changing his style. He is what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back