Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, we definitely need a new keeper. Had a good game against Southampton no doubt, but the nets are one of those areas where consistency trumps all else. Howard has consistently flapped at the most basic of threats and looks unable to make a quick decision anymore. Any quick decisions he does make are the wrong ones.

So yeah, we definitely need a new keeper. Had a good game against Southampton no doubt, but the nets are one of those areas where consistency trumps all else. Howard has consistently flapped at the most basic of threats and looks unable to make a quick decision anymore. Any quick decisions he does make are the wrong ones.
Off topic. Enjoy your ban.

Tim will be one of the host commentators for the U.S. crowd next Monday at Anfield for NBCSN. Good or bad idea?

He's been doing sports commentating all season; he is also on a special called something like "The keepers" on NBC sports in the coming weeks, not to mention releasing an autobiography. I can't fault any athlete for thinking about "the next step" in their careers, but when these types of things overlap (e.g., playing for Everton, commentating, writing a book, being featured on specials), I wonder if it affects their performance?

He's been doing sports commentating all season; he is also on a special called something like "The keepers" on NBC sports in the coming weeks, not to mention releasing an autobiography. I can't fault any athlete for thinking about "the next step" in their careers, but when these types of things overlap (e.g., playing for Everton, commentating, writing a book, being featured on specials), I wonder if it affects their performance?
fair point, think tim's been commentating the odd game for NBC for the past few years though so it's not really a new distraction, he played alright last year. Think he's just fallen off this year due to age, many of his faults mentioned in this thread (not claiming crosses, poor kicks, etc) have always been there but he got by on athleticism before and that's starting to dwindle so he can't recover like he used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back