Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
fabianski gave howard a masterclass on how to come and catch every threatening cross today. we would have scored 2 or 3 if howard was in goal for swansea.

I don't think he had a lot to do. Our crosses were not threatening, they were directed straight into his hands. Our shots were pretty much straight at him too. The one shot that was aimed at the corner went in.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

he did though, only americans would disagree. it's appalling to say because fabianski is okay and nothing more but yet he's miles better than an everton keeper in that aspect.
Jajajajaja. I'm just laughing at your incessant need to post about Tim. Your hatred hath no bounds. He's been pretty good for 4 or so games on the trot now and you still find a need to constantly berate him. Give it a rest. He's had a poor season. No one disputes that. It's ok to live and let live. Let's chat about things relevant to today's match.

edit: Your use of the word masterclass is also pretty funny.

Last edited:
I'm sure we all agree that Tim Howard had a good game today, but it remains that he has been very poor, and not up to Everton standards for the majority of the season and that Joel should have retained his place.

This is not good enough, he needs to be good from August to May, not once or twice in March and April.

I like him, but he has been vastly below standard for months, however he was good today.

I don't think he had a lot to do. Our crosses were not threatening, they were directed straight into his hands. Our shots were pretty much straight at him too. The one shot that was aimed at the corner went in.

like the cross that leicester put in vs us that ended in a goal?

It's all very well people saying "our crosses weren't threatening" - it's because most premier league keepers can come and clear the danger by being brave and claiming the ball. most the crosses teams put in against us shouldn't be labelled as threatening either and they weren't when robles was in goal. people were saying the same "he didn't play well, he had nothing to do" which is correct. But howard seems to make it an issue by staying stranded to his line. people just don't seem to see it that way, but it's true. naismith nearly scored an own goal today with the only cross swansea put into that 6 yard line because howard just stood there.

Jajajajaja. I'm just laughing at your incessant need to post about Tim. Your hatred hath no bounds. He's been pretty good for 4 or so games on the trot now and you still find a need to constantly berate him. Give it a rest. He's had a poor season. No one disputes that. It's ok to live and let live. Let's chat about things relevant to today's match.

excuse me for not taking a liking to someone who has almost single handedly derailed our season. it's pretty much his fault only that we're not going into the business end of the season competing for a european place.

throughout his career he's been scared to come for crosses, today we played a keeper who came for all 7 or 8 crosses and caught the ball at every attempt, stopping any chance of a goal. that's a 100% success rate = masterclass ;)

Two games.

x

excuse me for not taking a liking to someone who has almost single handedly derailed our season. it's pretty much his fault only that we're not going into the business end of the season competing for a european place.

throughout his career he's been scared to come for crosses, today we played a keeper who came for all 7 or 8 crosses and caught the ball at every attempt, stopping any chance of a goal. that's a 100% success rate = masterclass ;)
It's also funny that you think this. Ridiculous statement. We'd be nowhere near Euro places with Joel or pretty much anyone else. Howard has been poor. Our squad has been poor. The way we've played has been poor. Our manager for the most part has been poor. There's no single thing that has been wrong with this season. It's been a lot of crap contributing to a bigger pile of crap. Howard has been worse than most, but that's just silly to think that we'd be fighting for Europe.

The fact that Lukaku is likely player of the year is sad considering he's been just OK.

I'm sure we all agree that Tim Howard had a good game today, but it remains that he has been very poor, and not up to Everton standards for the majority of the season and that Joel should have retained his place.

This is not good enough, he needs to be good from August to May, not once or twice in March and April.

I like him, but he has been vastly below standard for months, however he was good today.

I wouldn't even say good.

He was fine today. That's it. But that's better than he was earlier in the season.

It's also funny that you think this. Ridiculous statement. We'd be nowhere near Euro places with Joel or pretty much anyone else. Howard has been poor. Our squad has been poor. The way we've played has been poor. Our manager for the most part has been poor. There's no single thing that has been wrong with this season. It's been a lot of crap contributing to a bigger pile of crap. Howard has been worse than most, but that's just silly to think that we'd be fighting for Europe.

The fact that Lukaku is likely player of the year is sad considering he's been just OK.

I am not participating in the Howard discussion but the statement highlighted pretty much says a lot about our season and the players.

He hasn't single handedly derailed the season at all. They've all been at it.

yup. everyones had a poor year par Rom basically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back