Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do we need to pass PSR? Not sure we’ve got the money or the wiggle room in our finances to buy him before 30th June.

Nobody knows. But I don't think we would be spending money on anyone this side of the current accounting period if we were headed for a breach.

Think about it, it would be our third breach in a row and would result in another mitigation hearing. How could we possibly plead any mitigation if we continued to purchase new players in the knowledge that we were headed for our third consecutive breach?

We would have no mitigation, and it would only be viewed as an aggravating factor just to sign some kid that nobody's heard of and Villa want rid of.

So, I think we either aren't headed for a breach, or we have already made arrangements to sell someone of greater value to cover the breach.

If Villa fans think 4/5 million is good business it’s probably about that with add ons. That makes sense if he’s 20. I’d doubt it’s a flat £10 million transfer fee. Whenever fee’s get quoted it’s always the top end of any deal to make it more clickable for the news outlets reporting it

Never even heard of him, but if he can pass the ball more than 5 yards without giving it away hes already got an advantage on any of our current mids.

Don't mind signings like this, low risk high reward ( if it's only a couple of mill)

This is what happens when young players are good but the manager doesn't fancy them - they get a move to another club at the same level where they might find a way in. All the players that we have who end up playing in league one don't go there because we didn't give them a chance they go there because thats their level.

No clue on the player - hadn't heard of him, never mind seen him kick a ball.

Monchi and Emery are no mugs is my concern.

Hopefully they'd usually be looking for a loan for him, but FFP could be forcing their hands a bit.

This is what happens when young players are good but the manager doesn't fancy them - they get a move to another club at the same level where they might find a way in. All the players that we have who end up playing in league one don't go there because we didn't give them a chance they go there because thats their level.
This isn't a slight on Dyche, but 90% of the time he will also favor experience

This isn't a slight on Dyche, but 90% of the time he will also favor experience
All managers do to some extent but the point is when people get angry that Lewis Warrington isn't getting a game or something its not JUST our manager who isn't seeing him as a premier league player its every other manager at that level too if the players were good enough to get games at other premier league clubs then they'd get bought like this lad.

How much do we need to pass PSR? Not sure we’ve got the money or the wiggle room in our finances to buy him before 30th June.

….unless they’re expecting Onana deal to go through, I can’t see us signing this lad ahead of 30th June.

I honestly have no idea about this lad, although I saw a few quotes from Gerrard saying him and his coaches thought he was going to be ‘the next big thing’.

….unless they’re expecting Onana deal to go through, I can’t see us signing this lad ahead of 30th June.

I honestly have no idea about this lad, although I saw a few quotes from Gerrard saying him and his coaches thought he was going to be ‘the next big thing’.
Defo swerve him them!!

He’d be just like a new player.

Onana £40M = £10M for Irnbruman and £25M-£30M to cover PSR.

PSR sorted and a replacement player in. Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back