2024/25 Tim Iroegbunam

Ndiaye looked very good for sure, but as you say theyre not the same type. If you watch the cup game, youll see Tim grab the ball in midfield and switch our game to attack with a ball for our winger to run on to, or him running with it himself - insted of the hopeful hoof or backwards pass Im used to seeing. Very refreshing having a midfielder who seems to know what to do with the ball when he get it, insted of the ponderous, start-stop stuff we were served by Gana and Onana.

Really good game from him, think he desperately needs a sitter next to him. He’s still learning the pace of the league and he was finished by 70 minutes, left some huge holes last 20 but he had an experienced head in Gana who just plays almost the same game off the ball.

Hopefully Mangala is more disciplined and we can manage Tim’s minutes a bit better. Got caught a couple of times again on the half term but so positive and driving forward every time he could.

Loads of potential but he’s got to learn quickly as I was saying earlier in the week! Mental expectations on a lad who’s played less than 10 prem games and a season in the championship to be our best CM and the only one to play through.

I reckon him and Garner should work well (in theory). Love that his instinct is to pass forward every time,

These must be things he brought with him from VIlla. Worried Dyche will coach that out of him in favour of pacing himself over the full 90 and not leaving holes defensively.
He has been a revellation so far and I am interested to see how the Midfield develops. I also think Mangala was brought in as a replacement for Gana's inevitable injuries. He cannot keep playing every game forever.
A Midfield of Garner and Iroegbunam with N'Diaye in front of them would be worth watching and a great platform for the future, well beyond dyche's runway.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.