Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
need to scrap VAR reviewing millimetres decisions

should be if its clear and obvious

leaves open a grey area though as to what is clear and obvious, the logical way for it to be consistent is via this current method of analysing it within cm... it seems ridiculous but it’s probably the most logical approach for arriving with some level of consistency. I feel like at some point they decided to go down this route of being extremely anal about it and I think they will stick with it and see how it turns out in long run.

It’s corrupt depending on whichever way the VAR official wants the game in question to go.

And, in an obviously corrupt system, the VAR official wants Sheffield United taking points off United. Villa taking points off Liverpool. Palace taking points off Arsenal etc.....

Makes perfect sense.

Sounds less like a corrupt system to me, and more like a human one. A bad idea from start to finish. Give the attacker the benefit of doubt, always.

And, in an obviously corrupt system, the VAR official wants Sheffield United taking points off United. Villa taking points off Liverpool. Palace taking points off Arsenal etc.....

Makes perfect sense.

Sounds less like a corrupt system to me, and more like a human one. A bad idea from start to finish. Give the attacker the benefit of doubt, always.

If said officials have a lot of money riding on the outcome of said games then yes, it makes perfect sense.

but I’m trying to seperate the 2

the offside that’s being implemented, no matter how ridiculous, is consistent. Any body part and your offside. Nobody agree but we know we’re we stand. There’s no arguing with it

But what you want is to tear that consistency up and place it back into the hands of someone to interpret.

I said all along it should never be implemented, and I reckon the majority only wanted implemented because they’re more obsessed with the RS than anything else

No, what I want is for inconclusive calls to be given back to the original decision on the field. The decisions you've said are consistent aren't, they are subjective based on limited tech. Even cricket, much more mature in its tech, has that system.

They won't do it because VAR is there for one reason - influencing the results and drama of games.

Makes perfect sense.

It's a woeful system handled by inept officials.

Theres a very good reason no English officials were selected for the last WC.

How anyone thought VAR would work well baffles me. But even still I'm shocked just how useless it's been for all concerned.

Until theres a margin of error brought into all decisions, like in cricket, then the system cannot work and we may as well not have a ref.

No, what I want is for inconclusive calls to be given back to the original decision on the field. The decisions you've said are consistent aren't, they are subjective based on limited tech. Even cricket, much more mature in its tech, has that system.

They won't do it because VAR is there for one reason - influencing the results and drama of games.

All the offsides have been consistent, everyone. Utterly ridiculous but consistent

there not much to it.

everything else is interpretation, even DCL header against Utd could have interpreted differently. That’s the problem, the in game decisions and why VAR won’t work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back