Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

New rule change only brought in this summer.

If City win the league this season, they might as well just announce that for the 2020/21 season, any team that scores against Liverpool will instead be awarded a corner which must be taken by their goalkeeper.

Thought the rule was meant to stop goals scored directly from the ball hitting the hand ala Bolley and that Millwall goal agai st us which would make sense and be fair. In this instance Jesus still had a lot to do so seems really unfair. As ever it remains to be seen if this will be consistently applied to all teams. I have my doubts. If Everton had played as badly as Spuds did today against City we would have lost 6-0.

What VAR missed was the second before the ball reached Laporte and the Spurs defender. The Spurs defender pulled on Laporte's left arm and his shirt sleeve. Take a look on MOTD tonight to see what I mean. As that was the first offence it should have been a penalty, or, if a final decision is not made for a few seconds to see if there is an advantage to be played, the goal should have stood.

What VAR missed was the second before the ball reached Laporte and the Spurs defender. The Spurs defender pulled on Laporte's left arm and his shirt sleeve. Take a look on MOTD tonight to see what I mean. As that was the first offence it should have been a penalty, or, if a final decision is not made for a few seconds to see if there is an advantage to be played, the goal should have stood.

Thats the problem with this blunt, "If it hits any part of the arm" ruling. It seems to trump anything else. And thats before we even discuss if the tech is even good enough to rule on the marginal cases like today. What next? A Snicko thing like the caught behind shouts in cricket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back