Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think the bubble is going to burst at some point with football in it's current form, probably if they ever manage to do that European Super League they're so desperate for. It'll be a poisoned chalice but they won't realise it until it's too late

People have been saying this for years. It'll never happen. Football is the opium of the people.

It's not even an Everton thing at the moment - football overall is broken.

It feels like my interest in it is exploited by a few rich elite. I feel gullible for taking part in the whole farce.
I've been wondering lately how modern day football would look if teams were actually somewhat balanced. If teams had to make decisions on where to spend their money because they didn't have enough to just buy the best player at each spot. Basically if there was a league that had top level players but also had the structure that some of the American sports leagues or even the AFL in Australia have. I've got to imagine it would be thrilling but I doubt we will ever see it short of a Super League type thing and even then I doubt someone like PSG or City would agree to limits on spending.

I find myself watching other sports more now.

NFL is by far my favourite, but even the Rugby Union has become more watchable than soccer. Something I never ever thought would happen.

The RS with the help of the TV bias and gambling sites are destroying this game.

This. The beauty of football used to be it's unpredictability..... almost all league clubs in the 80's and early 90's had their turn in the sun, even the likes of Wimbledon and Luton Town. Now, save for a Blackburn or Leicester City event every 20 years or so, there's a patently obvious desire by the authorities to ensure the money-making elite of club football are well-established at the top table.

Disgraceful result for Arsenal that.
Expect Emery to be replaced soon.
They are softer than at any point under Wenger.

I'd sack him tonight....they're as spineless as we are and Emery is responsible for that... As much as I dislike Klopp, he has instilled a never say die attitude in every play at that club... No way should that Liverpool team have beaten any Premier league side tonight, let alone a top 6 team, unbelievable...

I do think the bubble is going to burst at some point with football in it's current form, probably if they ever manage to do that European Super League they're so desperate for. It'll be a poisoned chalice but they won't realise it until it's too late

Nothing would please me more than to get rid of these so called Elite sides and reclaim the game back to the local fan.

When their super duper global pudding league colapses, don't let the rats back to their domestic roots.

That's a good point actually

That being said, surely it'll be on webcam or something?

See below matey

If it were live we would probably be treated to something like this: "and to the next tie, John is drawing the home teams remember and the next ball out of the hat is Evert...no sorry that was a mistake it is Liverpool and they will play Everton at Anfield."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back