Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are currently the best team in the world.

Once you accept it, you can move on.
With respect, they were the best team in Europe last year, despite them not being the best team in England.

My point isn't that they are bad however, my point is that there are no other challengers to stop them.

Managers only care about their job.

Does it benefit their job playing sub-standard players? Or does it benefit their job by playing the best players they can in every game.

Im not saying Kean, Gibson and Gordon are sub-standard, but im almost certain none of the players you wanted game time last season are even still at the club, building for the future is 1 thing, but if the players arent part of the future, whats the point?
Davies and Kenny were on the list so no. Also Mina barely played when it was uncertain Zouma would return so getting him time may have been prudent as well.

If the managers ultimate goal is to win something, and we aren't actively chasing a trophy, then I'd say finding out what the depth in the squad can do is worthwhile to him. We could have found out so much at the end of the year and chose instead to try and win a few more or less meaningless dead rubbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back