Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about Phil Neville or Johnny Heitinga?
Or do they get a pass because it looked like they tried.

Heitinga in midfield was an experiment that lasted about 5 games maximum. And of course they get a pass because they tried, the whole point is that he wouldn’t look twice at a player that strolls around without breaking a sweat not even trying to contribute. As limited as some of his players were, he got the maximum level out of them that was possible. And no, this doesn’t mean that I want us to sack Ancelotti and appoint him. I just want Ancelotti to bin off the dossers that are stealing a wage from this club.

Heitinga in midfield was an experiment that lasted about 5 games maximum. And of course they get a pass because they tried, the whole point is that he wouldn’t look twice at a player that strolls around without breaking a sweat not even trying to contribute. As limited as some of his players were, he got the maximum level out of them that was possible. And no, this doesn’t mean that I want us to sack Ancelotti and appoint him. I just want Ancelotti to bin off the dossers that are stealing a wage from this club.

I would hope that Ancelotti wants to, but unlike Moyes he doesn’t have many options to replace them with. Whenever Docuoure Allan James even Gbamin are half fit he puts them straight back in over Gomes Davies Siggurdson but they won’t stay fit. Even our young players coming through have mostly fallen to horrendous injuries also. Apart from resurrecting Mo Besic there’s no one else really to try in those positions on the pitch at the moment. Hopefully he sorts it in the summer because I’m fed up of it as well.

What about Phil Neville or Johnny Heitinga?
Or do they get a pass because it looked like they tried.

Both were good players for us. Both filled in midfield when we had no other options there (Or Moyes thought we didn't anyway.)

I am not a Moyes fan, never hid that, but MikeH is spot on in saying that he would not accept some of the lackadaisical performances that some of our players have put in.

None of that happened in Moyes first 2 seasons at all

Both were good players for us. Both filled in midfield when we had no other options there (Or Moyes thought we didn't anyway.)

I am not a Moyes fan, never hid that, but MikeH is spot on in saying that he would not accept some of the lackadaisical performances that some of our players have put in.
Neville became a staple of our midfield, please don’t rewrite history

None of that happened in Moyes first 2 seasons at all

Shock that a good manager we gave time to managed to improve us over the course of a few seasons. Now we’ve got a potentially great manager who has already improved us in 18 months but some don’t want to give him more time (or will but want to moan every time he doesn’t win a game, and sometimes even when he wins at Arsenal for the first time in over 20 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back