Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes would drop all the underperformers and stick in workhorses. Whether that would be enough to improve the side is debatable. Would be surprised if Moyes and Brands would be a good combination. Imagine Marcel overruling Moyes after one of his famous overseas scouting campaigns?

Carlo did the same. Dropped DcIes and Siggurdson and put in two players with an engine in Doucoure and Allan. Then they both got crocked.

Not sure what Moyes would do with the current squad. No manager in the world is going to suddenly make Gomes Davies and Siggurdson run quickly, clear up our injury problem, and allow Coleman to cross a ball accurately.

I just hope this summer we have a massive clear out and bring in players who are hungry and have pace.

My worry is soon as Brands signed that contract extension we'll continue signing slow tippy tappy players who lack any real character.

Its only really Godfrey and Allan who you would say would go to war on the pitch from all the signings made these past 3 years.

My worry is soon as Brands signed that contract extension we'll continue signing slow tippy tappy players who lack any real character.
I look at the Brands contract extension as less of a reward for what he's done and more of a prerequisite for him to do his job.

It's hard to convince players to sign if you're only on a one year deal. The player is entitled to look at you and think "ok, are you going to be around in a season or two?"

I only saw the first half but West Ham reacted well to going a goal down and played decent football to take the lead.

Looks like they could be playing European football next season. I've always thought they'd be edged out.

Carlo did the same. Dropped DcIes and Siggurdson and put in two players with an engine in Doucoure and Allan. Then they both got crocked.
The way they have approached things is actually surprisingly similar, down to the formations they have played at times. Carlo just seems too cool a guy to go down the sort of explosive rage extravaganza I have heard Moyes is capable of.

No he isn't! What is this post lockdown thing? It's not a thing! Why is that a measuring tool?

He has scored 9 goals in 23 appearances compared to DCL's 24 in 41 (give or take a couple of international goals). 10 vs 15 the year before.

Obviously it's not only about goals, far from it, but they are two totally different players. DCL is on an upwards trajectory, getting better year after year, Antonio has had a couple of decent seasons after being a lower league jobber for most of his career. Moyes seems to have got something out of him which is obviously good for them.

I can vaguely see an argument for the comparisons but to say he is "much better" is just ridiculous.
Well, because he had a mini-preseason under Moyes and Irvine. He then went on a phenomenal scoring run that had him above Harry Kane at once stage. He actually carried on his form into this season, but then he kept getting hamstring injuries.

If you see him over a match, he is really impressive the way he can bully not just one, but two centre halves. DCL has a lot of potential, but he isn't a physical specimen like Antonio.

The way they have approached things is actually surprisingly similar, down to the formations they have played at times. Carlo just seems too cool a guy to go down the sort of explosive rage extravaganza I have heard Moyes is capable of.

They’re both very good managers and will turn out to be the most important in our premier league history. One that saved the club from financial ruin and the other that took us back to the top (hopefully)

They’re both very good managers and will turn out to be the most important in our premier league history. One that saved the club from financial ruin and the other that took us back to the top (hopefully)
Can't argue with Ancelotti's record - one of the great tactical coaches of all time. The whole Bayern thing worries me though. That said, he is a smart guy, so will no doubt learn from his mistakes.

Yes, thats what we are, a mid-table club, hence I don't get annoyed when POWERHOUSES like West Ham finish above us.

If everybody realised and appreciated we were a mid-table club, there would be less anger and angst.

Since the Premier League was formed, Everton's average league position is 11th, yet people think we should be knocking on the door of City.

That's it in a nutshell Goat, we're an average prem team and if some lads realised that their health would be a lot better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back