Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs of War - the only way to succeed with limited players is by having them hungry and fit for battle.

Its why for me Carlo isn't the right fit for us at present therefore if you want to keep Carlo you better back him to the hilt and bring in better players otherwise we'll continue to underperform with players who lack the self motivation to succeed as quiet leadership is never making you run up and down sand dunes on Crosby Beach.

Carlo is the right fit. The squad is not the right fit.

At some point we need to stop sacking managers and start recruiting properly and replacing underperforming players.

Their not just coping well. Moyes is getting tactics, motivation and togetherness out of a team { on paper } worse than Everton. Would get Manager of the year in my book. Credit where its rightfully due.
And yet we all know the brown-nosing Premier League will blush as it hands over the award to Pep the sweater-wearing fraud!

Not for me - Daniel Sturridge for example would have been one of the leagues best strikers had he not been ravaged by injuries.

What has that got to do with anything?

Tosun would have been one of the leagues best strikers if he wasn't so crap, had wings and was 18 foot tall. That's what this is akin to.

They did/do have injuries, it's part of what we judge players on.

Not for me - Daniel Sturridge for example would have been one of the leagues best strikers had he not been ravaged by injuries.
Agreed pal, Pickford would be one of the leagues best goalkeepers if his arms were long had he not been born with short arms.

If the West Ham board gives Moyes money { which they will } and we don't get the players , we NEED, your probably right. We may well finish below them again. Personally, can't wait for the West Ham game. Tactical ability, Carlo v Moyes, who is better? Certainly going to shut up a few on here, one way or the other!
Moyes has a superior head-to-head record vs Ancelotti.

Dogs of War - the only way to succeed with limited players is by having them hungry and fit for battle.

Its why for me Carlo isn't the right fit for us at present therefore if you want to keep Carlo you better back him to the hilt and bring in better players otherwise we'll continue to underperform with players who lack the self motivation to succeed as quiet leadership is never making you run up and down sand dunes on Crosby Beach.
The slugs of war more like with this lousy bunch.

Not sure what Moyes would do with the current squad. No manager in the world is going to suddenly make Gomes Davies and Siggurdson run quickly, clear up our injury problem, and allow Coleman to cross a ball accurately.

Not sure what Moyes would do with the current squad. No manager in the world is going to suddenly make Gomes Davies and Siggurdson run quickly, clear up our injury problem, and allow Coleman to cross a ball accurately.
Moyes would drop all the underperformers and stick in workhorses. Whether that would be enough to improve the side is debatable. Would be surprised if Moyes and Brands would be a good combination. Imagine Marcel overruling Moyes after one of his famous overseas scouting campaigns?

Obviously. But a fit Antonio is a much better player than DCL. Post lockdown he was the top scorer in the league.

No he isn't! What is this post lockdown thing? It's not a thing! Why is that a measuring tool?

He has scored 9 goals in 23 appearances compared to DCL's 24 in 41 (give or take a couple of international goals). 10 vs 15 the year before.

Obviously it's not only about goals, far from it, but they are two totally different players. DCL is on an upwards trajectory, getting better year after year, Antonio has had a couple of decent seasons after being a lower league jobber for most of his career. Moyes seems to have got something out of him which is obviously good for them.

I can vaguely see an argument for the comparisons but to say he is "much better" is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back