Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never a bad thing mate.

Look at it this way, it’s 3 weeks of 3 games a day and that’s exciting.

Can't be bothered with football in general, the reason being there's way too much of it now. There needs to be less of it, what was great about international footy was how rare it was, every game seemed big because it was either a qualifier or a big game in the world cup or euros.

Now you have 20 players winning a first cap every year, a c team playing a friendly and then about 67 teams in the euros where you can finish 3rd in a group of 4 and still go through. It really does spoil the specialty of international footy, don't get me started on the farce that is club footy in Europe

Can't be bothered with football in general, the reason being there's way too much of it now. There needs to be less of it, what was great about international footy was how rare it was, every game seemed big because it was either a qualifier or a big game in the world cup or euros.

Now you have 20 players winning a first cap every year, a c team playing a friendly and then about 67 teams in the euros where you can finish 3rd in a group of 4 and still go through. It really does spoil the specialty of international footy, don't get me started on the farce that is club footy in Europe

They expanded the Euros pirely for money reasons, but for me, even though it shouldn’t, gives a bit of a fairy tale FA Cup vibe to it for me.

Albania, Northern Ireland, Iceland etc qualified last time and it’s a nice thing to see them playing.

This time, Macedonia, Scotland, Hungary this time round. Just makes it worthwhile for the smaller teams.

I agree though, absolutely pointless having 3 games during internationals. Could have easily avoided the Nations League this time round.

Brazil 0-0 at Half Time, Richarlison had this goal disallowed for offside earlier in game below, and somehow didnt score just after the half hour below

1605315823048.webp

Other Angle

Sergio Ramos missed two penalties on his 177th appearance for Spain (record in European football). He'd scored his previous 25 penalties. If they'd won last night, a draw v Germany on Tuesday would have been enough for them to win their group. Now they need to beat Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back