• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2016 / 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2957.jpg

As it stands for the League 2 playoffs. If Wycombe can nick a goal at Morecambe, we would go 6th. As it is we're 11th. Amazingly close. The goal difference is crazily tight too.

It's a shame Big Vic has always had such bad luck with injuries. His hold up play is top drawer. Uses his physique better than Rom does, given they're the same kind of height and build. Doesn't have Rom's pace or you know... ability to score more goals than a centre back, but still.

Bloody hell Forest are in deep trouble.

So sad. They're a Premier League club.

I think people who remember Clough's Forest and their amazing European double are skewed a bit as to the historical standing of the club as a whole. They've spent the 22nd most seasons in the top flight (fewer than Bolton, Wolves, Derby and both Sheffield teams) and only ever won the title once.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SEASONS-IN-TOP-FLIGHT----1888-89-to-2009-10.html

Though really I think what defines a top flight club is all subjective, and depends on what you grew up with. I remember Portsmouth being a good Prem team throughout my childhood so to me they're a Prem team, even though they're now in league 2 and have only spent 1/4 of their existence in the top flight.

I think people who remember Clough's Forest and their amazing European double are skewed a bit as to the historical standing of the club as a whole. They've spent the 22nd most seasons in the top flight (fewer than Bolton, Wolves, Derby and both Sheffield teams) and only ever won the title once.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SEASONS-IN-TOP-FLIGHT----1888-89-to-2009-10.html

Though really I think what defines a top flight club is all subjective, and depends on what you grew up with. I remember Portsmouth being a good Prem team throughout my childhood so to me they're a Prem team, even though they're now in league 4 and have only spent 1/4 of their existence in the top flight.

Well I was barely alive when Forest were winning European cups.

It's a shame Big Vic has always had such bad luck with injuries. His hold up play is top drawer. Uses his physique better than Rom does, given they're the same kind of height and build. Doesn't have Rom's pace or you know... ability to score more goals than a centre back, but still.

He's a massive man baby too.

Spends more time on floor and moaning x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back