Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t really get the hate for arsenal as a club, they have great history, are run responsibly, have spent peanuts over the years compared to their rivals whilst still remaining relatively competitive. Living in London there fans tend to be sound as well, never see or hear about them causing trouble like some other London clubs fans and the ones I know are all fine.

Certainly find it bizarre that people enjoy a club like Man City dicking on them, a club who are basically everything wrong with modern football.
Bang on. I think because Arsenal, have the biggest social media presence out of any club in England, it tends to make people laugh at their misfortunes. They definitely have the best fans out of any London clubs, it must be said.

Lyon you grassing surrendering French rats let my coupon down conceding in the last minute . White flag waving whoppers I thought my bet had won until I just checked it. Fewwwwwming lol

Don’t really get the hate for arsenal as a club, they have great history, are run responsibly, have spent peanuts over the years compared to their rivals whilst still remaining relatively competitive. Living in London there fans tend to be sound as well, never see or hear about them causing trouble like some other London clubs fans and the ones I know are all fine.

Certainly find it bizarre that people enjoy a club like Man City dicking on them, a club who are basically everything wrong with modern football.

Maybe because as a club they charge the highest prices in the UK but spend the least of all the big teams apart from Spurs. They spend the least and charge the most. The money they bring in isn't redistributed to other clubs via transfer fees, it's paid out in dividends to the shareholders and directors. Just like manure, the money that goes into Arsenal isn't put back into football, it goes into the pockets of people who couldn't give a [Poor language removed] about it. They fleece their fans for everything they can get and give them nothing but excuses in return.
Every penny Mansour has spent has gone back into the game, but of course City a club who have invested heavily into football and heavily into the local community, and have also put every penny they make back into football are the bad guys.
People have short memories. The only reason Arsenal got into the top tier of English football was because they bought their way in. They are the only English team to get into the top division who haven't earned it. Proper club? Tell that to the team they cheated out of top flight football all those years ago.
As for everything wrong with modern football, well that started with the formation of the Premier League and the greed of the big clubs of that era. The phrase "hung by your own petard" is most apt.

Townsend's was good to get Dembele booked. The silence from the media is defening. Doesn't fit the agenda I suppose.
There is no agenda. It’s a five minute wonder. It will Wilf as soon as he is back playing and then someone else after that. You got a deserved three points now get over yourself.

There is no agenda. It’s a five minute wonder. It will Wilf as soon as he is back playing and then someone else after that. You got a deserved three points now get over yourself.

I have no problem Alli getting stick when he deserves it but I genuinely believe he is no better or worse than most other players. Just more high profile and therefore worth more clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back