Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
Au contraire they are still very much City, ask Wigan. As for playing scintillating football and regularly winning trophies, it's absolutely ****ing appalling viewing yet I keep going back for more.

I dont know how you get anything from watching a team built with billions of pounds.

City aren't City anymore. You know that, of course.
Absolute nonsense. I've been a City fan for almost 50 years and the last ten years have been the best. The owners do more for the local fans and community than Peter Swales ever did, back when we were a "proper club"

Au contraire they are still very much City, ask Wigan. As for playing scintillating football and regularly winning trophies, it's absolutely ****ing appalling viewing yet I keep going back for more.

Absolute nonsense. I've been a City fan for almost 50 years and the last ten years have been the best. The owners do more for the local fans and community than Peter Swales ever did, back when we were a "proper club"

Good for you.

Hope you implode.

Getting financially doped in a short number of years to a point where no competitor can actually compete can never be gratifying. You've gone from a poorish PL club to a European force in the space of a decade. There's no organic growth or introduction of home grown to make that satisfying.

You're kidding yourself.

Getting financially doped in a short number of years to a point where no competitor can actually compete can never be gratifying. You've gone from a poorish PL club to a European force in the space of a decade. There's no organic growth or introduction of home grown to make that satisfying.

You're kidding yourself.

You're right, what ever was I thinking. Watching Aguero, Silva, KDB etc has been awful. The Aguero moment means nothing to me now. Oh for the days of Barry Conlan and getting beat by Stockport.

You're right, what ever was I thinking. Watching Aguero, Silva, KDB etc has been awful. The Aguero moment means nothing to me now. Oh for the days of Barry Conlan and getting beat by Stockport.

But at least that was where you got under your own steam. You're buying wins now. How can that be anything like having a team that's built by evolution and using home grown talent too?

If City fall away next season it wont be sorted by a manager figuring anything out it'll be by hiring a new manager and throwing another billion at it.

City are a fake club.

But at least that was where you got under your own steam. You're buying wins now. How can that be anything like having a team that's built by evolution and using home grown talent too?

If City fall away next season it wont be sorted by a manager figuring anything out it'll be by hiring a new manager and throwing another billion at it.

City are a fake club.

Still waiting for this amazing academy, with the best facilities in the world, to produce some players. Or they can just spend over 200 million on defenders instead and pretend that what they are achieving isn't down to spending more money than anyone else. Absolute beauts Manchester folk.

City are a fake club.
I agree to a point Dave
When Fergie built his dynasty at United he had a fair few homegrown players in there and although it’s slowed lately it’s something that has continued on
City have bought all their success and fair play to them but they will never match Ferguson’s achievements

Still waiting for this amazing academy, with the best facilities in the world, to produce some players. Or they can just spend over 200 million on defenders instead and pretend that what they are achieving isn't down to spending more money than anyone else. Absolute beauts Manchester folk.
I think they've given Foden a couple of sub appearances in CL games and that's about it.

There's no basis to promote and nurture though, as you said. Why do that when you can buy a top player from another club to hit the ground running?

I think they've given Foden a couple of sub appearances in CL games and that's about it.

There's no basis to promote and nurture though, as you said. Why do that when you can buy a top player from another club to hit the ground running?
They were prepared to pay 50 m plus for a 6 week replacement for Sane and spent 30/40 m on a spare full back
Says it all , surely there are one or two in the academy ready to step up if given a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back